NVIDIA GF100 & Friends speculation

I don't see how any attempt at "blindsiding" ATI is going to work for nVidia. I'm sure when Cypress hit the ground running back in September ATI were designing their "5890" with the belief that Fermi was going to be very fast.

I doubt they have been slacking just because Fermi looks like being a bit of a lemon. That is the kind of behaviour that got nVidia into this mess in the first place, and it's not like ATI haven't made plenty of mistakes to learn from themselves.

That sounds like wishful thinking. If they wanted to blindside ATi on launch day why are they hyping geometry and tessellation performance so much?
Kinda like a wishful thinking post on [H] that said something to the effect that maybe Nv is trying to blindside ATI with their 6 month late card by releasing it in 5 months. :)

I don't see how any attempt at "blindsiding" ATI is going to work for nVidia. I'm sure when Cypress hit the ground running back in September ATI were designing their "5890" with the belief that Fermi was going to be very fast.

They don't want a spoiler of their launch. AMD has the whole option: faster cards, lower price or both. But without information about nVidia's line-up is a bit diffecult for them. AMD did the same with the rv770. :LOL:

They don't want a spoiler of their launch. AMD has the whole option: faster cards, lower price or both. But without information about nVidia's line-up is a bit diffecult for them. AMD did the same with the rv770. :LOL:
With the various German blogs reports of only 5000 worldwide cards at launch, availability will be it's own spoiler.

IIRC, Catalyst 10.3 are supposed to give a good boost in the Unigine demo (which drivers Nvidia used for 5870 enchmarking?), and looking at the graph it can be seen that there is a good difference between the green and red line only in the central part of the demo, while at the extremes performance seems to be on the same level.

Anything new? Looks like the same info released awhile ago by nvidia when they first demoed Fermi on Unigine.

He explains that the 480 doesn't have much performance difference with the 5870 before you come to the tessellation part. Tessellation is a good purchase point IMO, so its a bonus if this represents ingame as well.

Later was more interesting. Doesn't seem like bezel management was ready yet when they showed Nvidia surround, but they advertise that its supposed to have bezel management. Lets hope its ready by launch and that they choose AMD's method by adding pixels instead of Matrox where they add black bars instead on the sides. :)

IIRC, Catalyst 10.3 are supposed to give a good boost in the Unigine demo (which drivers Nvidia used for 5870 enchmarking?), and looking at the graph it can be seen that there is a good difference between the green and red line only in the central part of the demo, while at the extremes performance seems to be on the same level.

wasn't that for xfire not for single cards.....

It looks more and more that nVidia wants a real kick-ass DX11 card. I really interessted in their compute speed.

I know in 10.2 its only dx 9 and crossfire modes. And there were supposed to be the same gains in 10.3 was my understanding.

Here is a 10.3 preview

http://www.rage3d.com/articles/ati_catalyst_10/index.php?p=6

(for unigine in dx11)

There are other beta leaks, I think, as some users in the forums worldwide saw some gains in unigine (please feel free to look in Google). In an Italian forum an user said to have a gain from 26 to 31 FPs in average in the DX11 demo. Also, 10.3 seem will make the whole 5xxx series performance better in many games, with ot without CF.
But, we will see on 26th and following.

Anything new? Looks like the same info released awhile ago by nvidia when they first demoed Fermi on Unigine.

That is what's the 2x faster come from.
nv-tesselation-benchma0m5f.jpg

snapshot2010.png

heres the full picture.. the sections they use are kind of misleading.. heck at 2 areas ATI is actually faster (using old drivers and doubtfully the updated uengine).

reminds me when I used to race an aquintance .. my 72 Super Beetle (1600 CC 35HP - 44 with header, mechanical distrib.) would wasted his Buick with a 400 CI big block.. 0-30 .. on gravel ;-)

Back