Steam, Origin, Epic, Twitch, Good*, *Games Sales [2007-2021]

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very much more of the same. There's a couple more unique-type mutants with new abilities (common denominator being they're all fast as fuck, and dangerous), more types of weapons, a few more gameplay gimmicks and so on, but nothing that actually changes the game. It's still the same game.

Oh, brighter colors too, I might add.

The change to daylight seems like a good change, but it seems to be the same game otherwise. I think I'll just pass again !

trinibwoy said:
I finally finished the extremely disappointing SP campaign this weekend and have never played BF3 multi yet I've already purchased premium. Why?

I have enjoyed countless hours playing DICE's games and I know there are a few hundred hours of BF3 in my future. $50 is a joke amount of money for what I have gotten and will get in return.

Yes a lot of games are overpriced and not worth the money. However I hate to see people gripe over a few measly dollars for a good product.

Well, same for me...i support gaming devs by buying dlc. But i do this with the intention to play/experience the stuff. E.g. I bought Bad Company 2 on Ps3 and after that on PC, because it just was the best MP game, and I wsnted to play it again, after unlocking everything on PS3.

But, what you write here is weird...you have no intention in playing mp, but buy premium? (btw, best mp game available, you miss). Why not just send EA/DICE a monthly money check then? Weird.

But, what you write here is weird...you have no intention in playing mp, but buy premium? (btw, best mp game available, you miss). Why not just send EA/DICE a monthly money check then? Weird.

That's not what I said. I said I haven't played MP yet but I know there are hundreds of MP hours in my future :)

Davros said:
For some people it's hardly a few measly dollars, its a months wages

What are they doing complaining about the price of video games on the internet?

Im playing LA Noire right now and i like it a lot. I like the combination of interrogating, searching for clues, boxing, driving, shooting and chasing people. The city is full of detail and the character animations are one of the best. I already played more than 15 hours and im still not bored. Definitely one of the best games ive played this year.

It runs smoothly on my HD7850 with everything maxed out so IMO its not a bad port.

Yeah I liked the game a lot as well, finished it with all the expansions on the 360. It does have flaws to be sure but it's very different than other games out there so it was a breath of fresh air to me, I enjoyed it very much. I think the PC version locks to 30fps which is really sad.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

Yeah I liked the game a lot as well, finished it with all the expansions on the 360. It does have flaws to be sure but it's very different than other games out there so it was a breath of fresh air to me, I enjoyed it very much. I think the PC version locks to 30fps which is really sad.

Sent from my PI39100 using Board Express

Yeah, it was really fresh and even after hours of gaming, it still wow'ed me sometimes that the facial animations and voice acting was so good...

the only complain I had: sometimes the possible questions you can ask, often turn out to be completely different to what I expected them after reading the short descripton. Then I often got surprised by the actual question he asked...but even with that, I liked the game very much! One of those rare games you can play together with friends, having enough time to think about the next step together and about the next question is fun...

firstly, I think that, while this is a pretty affluent forum, and I don't expect a lot of people grousing about money here, being poor does not precluse the right to take some leisure time to read (and possibly whine) about games. I try to avoid doing it much myself, but the implication that all poor ppl should be slaving away 24/7 and not enjoying what video gamea they can afford... well, it'a naive to say the least. But yeah we've all got better things to do from time to time.

Anyway, I also enjoyed la noire (on the 360). It came up well short on the promised gameplay in my opinion, but I got $40 out of it in the first fantastic 8 or so hours. Great setting and details. Really inspiring, and a great concept for bringing back something akin to old adventure gaming, really. Just wore a little thin after the first dozen interviews, they seemed to all become really obvious or painfully inscrutable, also, mediocre gunplay. I'd still give it a 7.5 (quite high in my book) just for the ingenious premise.

If I was making $50 a month the last thing on my mind would be the price of BF3 DLC. The "poor people can't afford it" argument is a dead end when it comes to luxuries like modern video games that require cutting edge technology.

So how much do you think a person must earn before being allowed to whine about a videogame?

Teenage boys with a $50 monthly allowance from their parents (oddly, one of BF3's main target audiences but whatever), can they whine?
Or is it something to do with their parents? If their parents are poor, they can't whine, but if the parents do okay, then the boys can whine?

If I'm filthy rich, can I whine more than the others?

Please, do clarify.

Last edited by a moderator:
Suuuure.. sure they are. Aaaall of them.

Especially the ones giving high scores to indie games, because the publishers looove indie games.

Braid doesn't deserve that score either. It's average at best.

http://insomnia.ac/reviews/introducing_the_indie_scene/

btw, best mp game available, you miss

Hardly. Depends how you define "best". If someone likes low skill ceiling collectathons/grindathons with high production values, it sure is.

You should read what I wrote again. I didn't say rich people should whine more than poor people.

His point was: where do you draw the line? It's a slippery slope that argument of yours. If 50 euros is cheap because BF3 requires a cutting edge PC, you'd be okay with CryTek charging 100 euros for Crysis back in 2007? Do people who play Crysis on medium get a discount?

I agree with you that people with financial difficulties probably shouldn't be spending their meagre resources on video games, but who am I to say how someone should spend their own money?

His point was: where do you draw the line? It's a slippery slope that argument of yours. If 50 euros is cheap because BF3 requires a cutting edge PC, you'd be okay with CryTek charging 100 euros for Crysis back in 2007? Do people who play Crysis on medium get a discount?

This would go much easier if you fellows would stop mischaracterizing what I say. I said BF3 is good value because of the quality you get in return. People should bitch all they like about paying $50 for crap.

I also didn't say demanding games should be expensive because they require cutting edge hardware. I said that arguing that poor people should be able to afford the latest and greatest is a silly notion. That defeats the definition of poor...

I agree with you that people with financial difficulties probably shouldn't be spending their meagre resources on video games, but who am I to say how someone should spend their own money?

Yep agreed, I never said anything different. What I said was that if someone can't even afford to feed themselves they shouldn't be on the Internet complaining about the price of video games. If they choose to play games instead of eat that's their prerogative.

BF3 is "quality" based on what criteria? Production values that attract the lowest common denominator, are easily marketible and increase sales?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back