AMD: R9xx Speculation

full.png

http://www.nordichardware.com/news/...hd-6900-series-pictured-launches-dec-15-.html :rolleyes:

Oh wow, the 6850 and 6870 have 160 SP less than everybody else, including AMD, told us. Never knew that.

And I guess NHW do not even mention where they got those numbers in order to protect their sources?

Oh come on , 45 days ago , I would have chosen 11.1 and 900/100 , and it would turn out right ;) , are you suggesting that my numbers are way off ? or that the whole riddle is too obvious to answer !
too high and too low

re: NH, some things are right and some are wrong..

I know, but it doesn't make the Cayman specs wrong. (insert rolleyes smiley :cool: )

No, it doesn't mean that... but they are wrong, as neliz pointed out.

I'm pretty sure they got core clocks wrong, especially after neliz's response to David, but what did they get right other than the names? Memory clocks seem a little low, was expecting 5.6-5.8ghz for the XT and 5.2ghz for the Pro. Obviously they got the interface right and maybe the frame buffer. Hmmmm....

It would fit my model of delays, but I don't believe it until it comes from a more reputable source. Faud makes up a lot of crap...

Edit: It looks like his article is based on the normalised graph from a couple of pages back, so my suspicion was well founded!

fudzilla said:
AMD's own benchmarketing data claims that Cayman XT is slightly below 20 percent faster than a GTX 480 in 3Dmark Vantage. When we compare our own GTX 480 results and add 20 percent on top of that it turns that Cayman XT loses to both GTX 570 and especially GTX 580.

Even if the numbers he quoted were genuine -his statements still contradict themselves. How could a card that's ~ 20% faster than GTX480 lose to GTX570? :rolleyes:

Even if the numbers he quoted were genuine -his statements still contradict themselves. How could a card that's ~ 20% faster than GTX480 lose to GTX570? :rolleyes:

That's Fudzilla for you. Even when you think there's a possible interpretation of Fudo's writings for which they would make sense… they still don't.

Yeah, no doubt fudo reads all the numbers from the fake slide. Just compare the text and the bars :LOL:

Unless just possibly the slide isn't faked. I mean yeah it looks chopped but that doesn't mean some AMD clerk might not have been the one doing the chopping, reusing an old chart to save time.

Yeah I know, doubtful.

Why would he photoshoped screenshot of a PDF file? Wouldn't it be easier to modify the input data?

Maybe, but it depends on whether it was the tech team or some low level guy doing the slide. If it was the latter then it could be legitimate. It's unlikely at best though...

I think we need to keep all options open until Friday.

I think it's nonsense. Almost half of the bars are untouched. It's impossible, that the delta between GTX460/HD6800 is exactly the same as between GTX480/HD6900. Additionally, AMD always provides detailed FPS results at the end of their presentation (or as a separate PDF file) and this graph wouldn't be in line with that numbers. I don't believe they'd include such a mess in their presentation of the next-gen product. Even mspaint editing would produce better and artifact-free result...

Back