AMD: R9xx Speculation

I do hope we see some leaked benchamarks of the 6970 soon. It's great we finally see a pic of it though.

Does that pair of gloves come with the card? They could be handy where I live. Winter is coming! Hope people do not misunderstand it though and start treating electronic equipment wearing wool on them.:LOL:

Seriously now, thanks for the pics.

It looks like an engineering sample, but it does seem serious enough. Serious like Thor's hammer serious!;)

I hope AMD does not pull an Nvidia on the price, like they pulled an Nvidia on the 68XX's naming!:rolleyes:

Does that pair of gloves come with the card? They could be handy where I live. Winter is coming! Hope people do not misunderstand it though and start treating electronic equipment wearing wool on them.:LOL:

Seriously now, thanks for the pics.

It looks like an engineering sample, but it does seem serious enough. Serious like Thor's hammer serious!;)

I hope AMD does not pull an Nvidia on the price, like they pulled an Nvidia on the 68XX's naming!:rolleyes:

Not only that but I hope they improve on MLAA as well. I think MLAA got their competitor's attention. If they decide to implement their own version of MLAA and it blurs text, etc to a lesser degree (or not at all). That would one up AMD.

Not only that but I hope they improve on MLAA as well. I think MLAA got their competitor's attention. If they decide to implement their own version of MLAA and it blurs text, etc to a lesser degree (or not at all). That would one up AMD.

Would you like AMD to implement OCR into their GPU's? :D

I'm not sure how they would determine whether the edge of the letter 'A' should be anti-aliased or not. Though their devs are a hell of a lot smarter than I am.

Wasn't Fudzilla pro-ATI last time around? Whatever. I always leave it B3D to sort out all the rumors for me...

Fud is pro-NV in general, SA is pro-ATI, and the third, whatever the site was called, is just "don't even look there"

Fixed it for you.
There's quite strong rumor that the cards, in small amounts anyway, would be available next friday in Finland

Why just in Finland? Does nVidia prefer Finnish customers because of the tough winter, which is just approaching?

Sure it will be available at launch, lets just say that the demand is most likely to outstrip the supply..

and the demand isn't that ridiculously big at all.

Would you like AMD to implement OCR into their GPU's? :D

I'm not sure how they would determine whether the edge of the letter 'A' should be anti-aliased or not. Though their devs are a hell of a lot smarter than I am.

Well I recall this post. Can't say if that's the best fix or not.

Well I recall this post. Can't say if that's the best fix or not.
No, it's silly. There's obviously no way for ATI/NV to know what parts of the final image came from 3D rendering (and should have MLAA) vs not. The right solution is for the developers to just implement MLAA (or one of the numerous better alternatives like... MSAA or a hybrid) and apply it to the right places. None of this control panel BS.

I don't see the GPU in any of those shots.
Unless someone takes the cooler off and pries off the heat spreader, there isn't a good way to pin down the exact size of the chip.

R600 is a doozy to beat!
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Looks like the metal frame on the back is the same size as cypress, which is hardly surprising for a 256bit package. Even if they may need more power pins (pads) on the chip I guess that doesn't have to translate into more pins on the package?

(edit: and no, of course it doesn't say much about the die size, only the package size. You can easily fit a larger chip on cypress' package)

Last edited by a moderator:
Back