AMD: R9xx Speculation

New line looks solid, ETA for 6900 is November? nVidia must be in panic mode, no wonder the usual suspects are spamming FUD here today.

Yeah, if the upper mid-range 6870 is replacing 5870 for two thirds of the price... makes you wonder what Cayman and Antilles is going to do. :oops:

AMD is again kicking Nvidia in the nuts this time around - hard and repeatedly.

Yeah, if the upper mid-range 6870 is replacing 5870 for two thirds of the price... makes you wonder what Cayman and Antilles is going to do. :oops:

AMD is again kicking Nvidia in the nuts again this time around - hard and repeatedly.

IF GTX580 is a full GF100 with a clockboost, they are in for quite some trouble.

They don't have the same TDP. I think it's a typo in HD6800 specs, because HD5850 specs always stated 170W (only the HD6800-PDF states 151W for HD5850).
There was a typo in some of the original HD 5850 decks that went out, which I think may have propogated to some press decks.

So far we have the 6850 9% faster than the gtx 460 1gb and the 6870 is 6% faster than the gtx 470 based on Hilberts figures.

Assuming a lot of sites will use AvP instead of FC2, and most will use Stalker CoP that number is going to rise. It could end up closer to 15% and 10% depending on the site.

68x0 numbers look great in Guru3D's review, but were all the ATI cards using the 10.10 betas? They mention "260 WHQL drivers" for Nvidia cards. Is that the latest?

Because the Radeon 5000- and GeForce 400-series numbers are the same as in this review, which mentions 10.8 for ATI and "series 260 driver" for Nvidia. I can't be bothered to check even older reviews in case even older numbers were silently reused.

Seems worth a mention in case recent drivers have boosted performance a lot. I haven't kept up with them, so I don't know.

So far we have the 6850 9% faster than the gtx 460 1gb and the 6870 is 6% faster than the gtx 470 based on Hilberts figures.

Assuming a lot of sites will use AvP instead of FC2, and most will use Stalker CoP that number is going to rise. It could end up closer to 15% and 10% depending on the site.
HD 6870 should end up 25% faster at least , compared to HD 5830 (same specs) , that is impressive .

some guy said Guru3d just pulled old GTX 460 (old driver) results without doing actual testing .
It looks like complete junk though, it's actually slower than the original review! Unless he's using a slower CPU in this new review, I don't see how GTX460 1GB could have gotten slower like this.

EDIT: OK, so he's actually using results that are months out of date? Wow.

I often figure review sites do that all the time. Or wonder if they do.

If you see a whole huge table of 20 video cards accompanying a review of one new one, I have to doubt they're rebenching 19 old cards for the sake of one new one.

Of course, a good review should use updated drivers and all. But honestly that probably limits the review to a few cards if you use strictly "new" benchmark runs for all.

Also, I notice Hardocp saying their review will be up at 9PM this evening, so I guess the NDA ends a little earlier than I thought.

Most sites don't rebench with updated drivers. They might say they do, but that's just to avoid claims of being biased either way.

None of you can have forgotten the whining about older drivers being used on the 5-series when Fermi was released, especially at TPU. Benching is a horrible time consuming nonsense that gets old very quickly, but so long as it's consistent (ie dont update one companies drivers while not updating the others) then it should work out pretty balanced in the end.

DAMN!

damned.png

Crossfire wattage :D

30trlgx.jpg

Back