[360] Halo 3: ODST

Notes:
  • drop pods, lots
  • New Mombasa (You can get a glimpse of the space elevator too)
  • Flood Zone :eek:
  • "activating subroutine: Vergil" appears in the text at one point
  • Traxus corporation on one of the buildings :p

Notes:
  • drop pods, lots
  • New Mombasa (You can get a glimpse of the space elevator too)
  • Flood Zone :eek:
  • "activating subroutine: Vergil"
  • Traxus corporation on one of the buildings :p

Wasn't New Mombasa already attacked with drop pods in Halo 2 and why does it say Halo 3 in the teaser?

Wasn't New Mombasa already attacked with drop pods in Halo 2 and why does it say Halo 3 in the teaser?

I don't think these were covenant drop pods being shown. They look pretty much the same as the ODST design. You do see a Covenant cruiser in the background briefly at the beginning though. Indication of the Flood would suggest to me that it takes place parallel to Halo 3.

But... it's always a guess. :p

Downloadable content or an expansion maybe?

hm... well, the art style is certainly different. I'd like to think they'd roll out a new product including engine enhancements etc. MS would probably rather have a retail product for Holiday 2009 - it would go in-line with that Halo-Gears tick-tock strategy (for whatever that statement was worth then).

Indication of the Flood would suggest to me that it takes place parallel to Halo 3.

But then again, the space elevator is still standing, which means during Halo 2. Perhaps, it's Halo 2 to Halo 3 in New Mombasa.

Likely the attack on Earth after Master Chief leaves but that wouldn't explain the flood. Whatever, Bungie knows I'll but it :( Release it!

What is there about the Flood?

hm... upon further reflection, this could be referring to water (lol which makes more sense :oops: ). But it's Bungie, so ambiguity is ambiguous. :p

floodzonepd5.jpg

I didn't see the Covenant cruiser either
Here ya go :)

capitalshipng8.jpg

What about that lone drop pod in the end?
Perhaps you start off on your own and rejoin your squad :?:

Here ya go :)

capitalshipng8.jpg

I don't know about that. Looks like a really bad UFO interpretation to me hehe, I quess it could be, but why would that cruiser be so close to the surface even before the pods come from the orbit?

edit: still have to credit you for going through that teaser with a microscope :smile:

edit2 yeah it's definately a covenant cruiser, it's clearer little bit later in the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back