The old and unwieldy GTA4 thread*

Status
Not open for further replies.
The 360 PAL version is available on torrent... Already. What is the point?

The point is that if someone wants this game there should be an option to buy it instead of downloading it.

A friend of mine doesn´t have neither console and saw the iso. I wouldn´t be surprised if he picked up a 360 now.

heh... *anecdote* one of my friends didn't even know the game was coming to the 360. Other friends of his even told him it was PS3 exclusive. :| After I told him it was coming to the console he owned, he was a lot happier. ;)

Does you're friend have no eye's? Its advertised for 360 in the window of every game store, one billboards, on TV (exclusively AFAICS) and in a lot of other retailers. It would be very hard not to know the game was coming to 360. In fact it would be easier to believe its exclusive to 360..

Last edited by a moderator:
How many retailers do you need as proof?

The PS3 version was the first that retailers couldn't guarantee pre-orders with, now Asda and Comet confirming there is more demand for the PS3 version, and only one retailer says they are selling more 360 versions but are giving away 1,000 xbox points with it.

Not really much a deduction, more looking at the evidence and forming the correct opinion, something I believe is beyond you in this case.

ASDA and Comet?..... The majority of gamers will have had the game pre-ordered at there local game store. Or why not take a look at Amazon, 360 version is number 1, PS3 version number 2. They seem to be selling pretty evenly at the moment.

No doubt GTA is seen as a Sony franchise from last gen (which is why there are so many 360 adds for the game). This perception won't last long however..

Last edited by a moderator:
Does you're friend have no eye's? Its advertised for 360 in the window of every game store, one billboards, on TV (exclusively AFAICS) and in a lot of other retailers. It would be very hard not to know the game was coming to 360. In fact it would be easier to believe its exclusive to 360..

Before insulting my friend, you do have to consider that not every city gets that sort of in-your-face advertisement. There are no billboard ads here for the game. The only place he might conceivably find an advertisement for the game would be at Best Buy or Futureshop, which he doesn't go to often. He also doesn't watch much television.

Nevermind that he doesn't keep up with the latest in gaming. It was the fact that his friends thought the game was PS3 exclusive that was incredulous.

Indeed. I've seen no adverts for GTAIV outside of gaming websites. This is because the adverts are being placed in media I have no interest in. The fact I go to gaming websites means I'd be clued up on availability. Lose that interest and I'd be clueless. I know other folk who also aren't at the receiving ends of some advertising barrages, because those particular PR volleys are either fired over their heads or in completely the wrong direction, for that audience.

How many retailers do you need as proof?

The PS3 version was the first that retailers couldn't guarantee pre-orders with, now Asda and Comet confirming there is more demand for the PS3 version, and only one retailer says they are selling more 360 versions but are giving away 1,000 xbox points with it.

Not really much a deduction, more looking at the evidence and forming the correct opinion, something I believe is beyond you in this case.

GAME, stopped 360 preorders a fair while ago, both standard and SE versions. Further the bundle deal they were offereing were snapped up within days. You can still order the SE on the PS3 and off course the bundles are available. Really the main highstreet players and Amazon the 360 is outselling the PS3 version.

Indeed. I've seen no adverts for GTAIV outside of gaming websites. This is because the adverts are being placed in media I have no interest in. The fact I go to gaming websites means I'd be clued up on availability. Lose that interest and I'd be clueless. I know other folk who also aren't at the receiving ends of some advertising barrages, because those particular PR volleys are either fired over their heads or in completely the wrong direction, for that audience.

The london underground is plastered with GTAIV ads..

Im practically a walking ad where I work at. I constantly remind people that GTAIV is coming out this tuesday and funny how many of them dont know prior!

I remember one of them asking if its available for PS2. Must...keep...straight...f...:LOL:

The london underground is plastered with GTAIV ads..
Which I'm sure are seen by lots of City commuters and tourists. If the majority of the British population passed through the underground during the advertising period, including myself and AlStrong's friend, then it'd be fair to say some of us are just plain unobservant... ;)

I honestly didn't know you couldn't pirate gomes on the 360 until a week a go. Consider me naive. Kind of sucks. Piracy might actually help Microsoft move consoles, but it's probably a good incentive for developers to focus on the PS3. I've got a 360, so hopefully developers don't get too pissed. I'm assuming this piracy existed even when Halo3 and COD4 came out, so I'm hoping that's a sign it won't make too much of an impact on big titles.

I never really thought about it, although I always work under the assumption that everything can be pirated it just depends on how much effort you want to put into it.

So what I've learned recently is just how easy it was to pirate games for the 360.

However, their simply remarkable attach rate would seem to indicate that pirating games isn't hurting them one tiny bit.

I do think it's absurd that there are people who will have completed GTAIV before its actually available because they were willing to steal the game. Once games are leaked to this extent, they should release the B&M stores from their previous obligations to withhold sales.

I honestly didn't know you couldn't pirate gomes on the 360 until a week a go. Consider me naive. Kind of sucks. Piracy might actually help Microsoft move consoles, but it's probably a good incentive for developers to focus on the PS3. I've got a 360, so hopefully developers don't get too pissed. I'm assuming this piracy existed even when Halo3 and COD4 came out, so I'm hoping that's a sign it won't make too much of an impact on big titles.

You mean could pirate games on 360?

With constant online and multiplayer as an important seller pirate copies have devaluated strongly...

carta1.jpg

Hey, maybe I'll hit the mall after work and see if they're selling copies. Then I'll be able to mug someone on their way out of the store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back