Zune coming to Europe? (UK accounts can now login)

@Richard, WinMo 7. Silverlight hardware accelerated interfaces and Zune integration- at least that's what I always thought about their global reach in the future.

Pushing Zune now into an iPod lust market is kinda... off now? Why not wait until you have a proper ecosystem that can back the player, or at least Facebook/Twitter apps for checkbox ticking before you distribute it...

Not that I necessarily disagree with that but why sell in the US market (and for previous Zune generations in Canada as well) without that integration but not Europe then?

I would prefer if the ZuneHD had a native email client, maybe even a phone and competent camera but if Microsoft waits until WinMo7 ships, the war may be over by then?

Even with the product as is I'd still buy it for the awesome PMP capabilities, downloadable games, internet and HD streaming. I'd even forgo the Marketplace for awhile. Alas, MS doesn't want my 220 euros.

WM7 at least will fix quite a lot of it with its legacy app support and such, while MS is probably contracting a few devs in a headstart manner just like the Zune game developers.

Since the Zune front-end still runs on WinCE and the interface is miles ahead they ought to simply build WinMo7 on top of that. That still wouldn't make much of a dent if they don't come up with a credible alternative to Apple's App Store and fast.

Why ? Seems like devs are running from the apple app store now a days. Many can't make a profit and the crazy rules keep many others away.

I think the what-ifs on application/convergence are really possible if MS were a smaller company, too bad the Zune division and the Mobile group merged probably too late for any fruits in the HD.

AFAIK it's still easier to get licenses for Canada right? And they do sell music ala the normal way just not the pass there (basic level of competence)? Europe + world must have been posing some challenges, or they just want a unified rollout.

WM7 might be too late, but if there's something that it does absolutely right that Android doesn't, it would be a lockdown of specs- specs that can stay relevant for 1-2 years at least. Chasis 1 spec phones all being Cortex A8 (TI OMAP, Snapdragon; no idea about the Sammy) or Tegra on 800*480. Ample power and limited range of devices so drivers can hopefully not screw up this time.

I assume the HD's interface is on OGL ES, probably the same when it comes to native Silverlight driven UIs for 7- which is why my hopes are high.

Back