YouTube -- beyond 1080p

Heh, finally a use for 2x2 panel configuration of 30" monitors (5120x3200) in Eyefinity. :D Just big enough for the 4096x3072 videos. :D

Regards,
SB

This is nothing more that a marketing gimmick by Google. The compression is so shitty it ain't funny anymore. It's totally worthless IMO.

freaking slideshow on my dualcore. shouldnt flashplayer 10.1 decode this on the GPU? On a second thought acceleration is probably only working up to 1080p resolution.

And yes, quality is horrible, worse than good 720p encodes

So..... which IMAX theatre will be the first to use this. :|

Zoom in!
Zoom in!
Zoom in!
Zoom in!
Zoom in!

Seriously, whose idea was this?
Instead of some bullshit 3072P (not 4k!) , which looks worse than 1080P(on youtube) and no consumer device is even capable of displaying at native resolution even with sufficient bitrate, why not double or triple the bitrate for HD content?
Btw, 4096x3072 is a 4:3 resolution, which as you know, is a poor choice for widescreen content(most/all HD) since a great deal of the resolution may go to waste.

They needn't go past 720p for a long time. Heck I'd take a good 480p encode over some of the "HD" shite up on YouTube.

It was a slideshow on my computer, but considering they use something like 6Mbit for 1080p content (vs 40 on a Blu-ray) I'm not surprised it looks like crap. Don't really see the point of this other than bragging rights.

Back