Xbox 360 Selected as the Primary Development Platform for Next-Gen Wolfenstein

Dave Glue said:
Very few will. And...? Since when are the cores comparable between the dual-core X86 CPU's and the 360's?

It doesn't have a "locked" 60fps by any stretch, there are many instances of slowdown.

Not that many...so? If we pick Quake4, then does the 360 automatically suck?

I'm saying that not many companies have that much experience coding for multiple cores. Isn't that why so many developers had trouble with the ps2 for the first year?

As for Call of Duty 2, how do you tell when you have slowdown from 60 fps? I'm not trying to badger you, I just want to be more ninja-ish.:p

As for Quake 4, how long did it take to port that exactly?

blakjedi said:
After the Gears of War development process i think that the UE3 engine will come to include predicated tiling support...

Separate teames. They're constantly working on the engine.

So what's the gain for ID to stress a second time that 360 is their primary dev platform? Why would they even announce it anyway?

rabidrabbit said:
Someone asked them?
And why to answer it that way? Wouldn't it be smarter to give a more diplomatic answer like: "We're aiming to get the most out of any platorm"? So again, what's the gain?

ChryZ said:
And why to answer it that way? Wouldn't it be smarter to give a more diplomatic answer like: "We're aiming to get the most out of any platorm"? So again, what's the gain?

Well, Epic already seems to be filling that role. I assume ID isn't doing it for no reason at all. It could be anything from they are currently getting preferential treatment with MS, they want preferential treatment from sony, or they simply like the hardware better. Who knows?

Nite_Hawk

Nite_Hawk said:
Well, Epic already seems to be filling that role. I assume ID isn't doing it for no reason at all. It could be anything from they are currently getting preferential treatment with MS, they want preferential treatment from sony, or they simply like the hardware better. Who knows?

Nite_Hawk
So basically just moneyhats?

nintenho said:
As for Call of Duty 2, how do you tell when you have slowdown from 60 fps? I'm not trying to badger you, I just want to be more ninja-ish.:p

You can't compare on framerate alone, you must compare on graphical settings aswell. What level of FSAA and AF filtering is the X360 version using? What resolution does it run at? I know its probably not this low but if its 1024x600 or whatever PGR3 was running at with no FSAA/AF then even a 6800U could probably maintain a fairly solid 60fps.

http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/video/display/radeon-x1900xtx_16.html

Back