Xbox 360 premium packaged un um packed

Yeah, the power supply is not as huge as I thought it was. But yeah, it's still pretty huge for my taste. Here's a link to the article which the video is from (they have screens, and the power supply). I guess the long cord would help on hiding the monster.

.Z

yea judging from the pics posted it looked bigger , not thicker but taller

Yeah, the power supply is not as huge as I thought it was. But yeah, it's still pretty huge for my taste. Here's a link to the article which the video is from (they have screens, and the power supply). I guess the long cord would help on hiding the monster.

yea the system will be in my entertainment unit so i wont see the plug but still its big. However if this is to stop it from blowing up or putting my hosue on fire its okay with me (i will just buy a new one if they can ever safely shrink it )

The power brick is not a big deal. However, I don't know about dangling the video cable from the top of the unit. It may be best (in terms of cable length and aesthetics) for the system to lie on its side rather than upright.

Powderkeg said:
Silly question.

Where is the media remote?

It's the first thing he unwraps (after the console itself).

Lefungus said:
This video is exclusive content from gamekult.com (that you must pay for). I find that putting this on some file server is more damaging than posting game scans...

http://www.gamekult.com/tout/actus/articles/A0000044782.html

please, in the end the website is just trying to get some publicity from having received a free console. Magazine scans are a completely different story, potentially preventing higher sales of a magazine. IMO of course

hadareud said:
It's the first thing he unwraps (after the console itself).

Ah, I didn't watch the video, just looked at the screenshots from the article it came from, and those don't show the remote.

MightyHedgehog said:
I don't recall the GB/GBA/GBA SP/DS or Wavebird coming with rechargeable pack, either. Par for the course, I say.
The GBA SP and DS was rechargeable and of course came with a batteri included.
The 360 controller can be charged by plugging in a cable, and wired play can continue from there. But even with the expensive pack they chose to only provide an AA bat pack.

Squeak said:
But even with the expensive pack they chose to only provide an AA bat pack.
To say it would be a disappointment if that is indeed true, would be an understatement. Pretty much ruins the whole point of including a wireless controller to begin with.

Yeah SURE I'll just stuff the controller full of fecking AA batteries and play, right. Waste money on buying alkalines or fiddling with separate rechargeables, that's an awesome idea! Why else did Nintendo move away from that solution with the SP/DS, unless they knew people hate fiddling with separate batteries?!

You have to buy the play and charge kit for $20. It comes with a rechargeable battery pack and play and charge cable.

Personally I'm just gonna buy a battery charger and 4 batteries, for about $20 and be done with it.

Guden Oden said:
To say it would be a disappointment if that is indeed true, would be an understatement. Pretty much ruins the whole point of including a wireless controller to begin with.

Yeah SURE I'll just stuff the controller full of fecking AA batteries and play, right. Waste money on buying alkalines or fiddling with separate rechargeables, that's an awesome idea! Why else did Nintendo move away from that solution with the SP/DS, unless they knew people hate fiddling with separate batteries?!
There is a huge difference between the battery requirements of a handheld and that of a controller, such that there is no comparison.

Buying two AA batteries every 40 hours of play is not that bad. I do it today with my Wavebirds and my logitech PS2 and Xbox controllers. The cost is trivial...

.Sis

if you buy the wireless controller in a store , you have to buy a plug and play kit or use double a batterys .

we've known about this since e3 though

Sis said:
Buying two AA batteries every 40 hours of play is not that bad.
No, it's TERRIBLE. I've no care at all for having to remember to get new batteries for a stupid wireless joypad, this is why I hate wireless shit to begin with, having to fuck around with batteries and rechargers and shit. I assumed the joypad would come with the rechargeable pack as standard, fucking greedy moneyscammers!

Not only are games going to be CONSIDERABLY more expensive, they don't even include the stupid battery for the stupid wireless joypad! God dammit I'm pissed.

Guden Oden said:
No, it's TERRIBLE. I've no care at all for having to remember to get new batteries for a stupid wireless joypad, this is why I hate wireless shit to begin with, having to fuck around with batteries and rechargers and shit. I assumed the joypad would come with the rechargeable pack as standard, fucking greedy moneyscammers!

Not only are games going to be CONSIDERABLY more expensive, they don't even include the stupid battery for the stupid wireless joypad! God dammit I'm pissed.
I don't get this at all. I buy one of those monster 30 pack of AA batteries like once a year and use it for all the different electronics that need it. I don't buy rechargeables because I'm a lazy bastard and prefer a disposable system.

I'd be surprised if a low-end component like a controller came equipped with batteries. You don't expect that from your television's remote control, do you? Or your wireless mouse?

.Sis

Guden Oden said:

Guden chillax. ;)

This isn't new information here or anything.

Back