Xbox 360 controller and headset problem

infinity4

Veteran
Okay, I have had xbox 360 for months, but recently I have been boosting Gears of War multiplayer for those achievements. I do a lot of roadie runs as a result of that.

But recently I have started doubting my controller. I am doing a roadie run, pressing and holding A button. Problem is, even though i am holding A button, the character starts roadie run and it run stops at some point, and I am wondering if this means A button is not working as it should be.

edit: ignore above paragraph as some might not understand. In the game, when you press and hold A, the character does a "roadie run". When I first press and hold A, the character does do roadie run. Problem is, roadie run stops at some point even though I am holding A button.

And I also found about headset problem. The problem starts with headset not working, ie mic and speaker doesn't work. Then few minutes later, I ALWAYS get the message of reconnecting the controller on screen, which does itself. Then headset works.

I find these problems irritating, I think it is controller's problem, but I am wondering if anyone else has similar experiences with such input devices.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ya ive had issues with my controllers,they arent very durable over the long haul,I just buy new every 6 months,but just for shits and giggles take it to wherever you purchased the system from and see what they say,better yet call MS and let us know.

I have 2.5 year old controllers and they still work perfectly minus the re-chargable battery life.

I do not think it is battery btw. The controller starts to warn at least 1/2 hour before it runs out of battery.

Do you try to re-sync the controller to the 360?

It's been a while since I played GeOW - but I remember that there was something to a sort of limitation to a roadie-run. At least, that's what I remember - it wasn't a meter or anything so gaudy - just at some point, you could only run so far!

At least I think that's the case

Jack

I only play multiplayer for online achievement purposes.

I don't know, I can accept there is limit on SP, but on multiplayer roadie run stops at random points, I am so paranoid now!!!

I guess I have to accept the fact that electronics are not perfect. :)

It could also be a bug, mind you. ;) There are times when I'm not even holding A and my character will go into a roadie run.

Back