Xbox 360 A/V Cable Signal Loss

SugarCoat

Veteran
Quick question for you other owners, i finally broke down and bought a 360 and quickly noticed a problem. The AV cable out port on the actual console (its not the cable) has a tiny bit of play which causes signal loss if you move it. Its problably a stupid question, but im wondering if this isnt a common acceptable problem by chance? It actually functions fine, but if i do something like say, rotate the console upright it will lose signal until the AV output is tweaked. Did i get lucky?

Quick question for you other owners, i finally broke down and bought a 360 and quickly noticed a problem. The AV cable out port on the actual console (its not the cable) has a tiny bit of play which causes signal loss if you move it. Its problably a stupid question, but im wondering if this isnt a common acceptable problem by chance? It actually functions fine, but if i do something like say, rotate the console upright it will lose signal until the AV output is tweaked. Did i get lucky?

Never had any issues with mine in that regard, although I can't say I've ever moved it since I hooked it up.

I've not had that problem on any of my X360's. As long as the cable is pushed all the way in, it's rock solid. Sounds like a bad/broken solder joint. I'd get it replaced from where you bought it.

I'd get it replaced from where you bought it.

debated it and decided against it, seeing as how reliability is a coin toss for the most part anyway i'll just keep my fingers crossed that it doesnt get worse as time goes on. Right now it seems fine. Likewise if i have any more issues down the road i can always swap to an HDMI cable.

thanks for the replies ;)

Back