[XBL] 1 vs 100

I have to say I didn't enjoy the Live game as much as the Extended play. It was fun, but after the first 45 mins I was growing bored with it. My wife and 2 of our friends were playing, and the sentiment was much the same. They were even the same peeps playing the extended.

It's just a different style of play. Questions seemed much easier too. It turned more into a twitch fest to see how could beat who by milliseconds.

With that said, already jonesing for some more. Ha.

RL-Found another headset. I'm all good now. Have to see if we can get some gametime in tonight or tomorrow.

AntShaw,

Color me surprised. I myself can't really get into the Extended Play games. There's no One or Mob of 100. Just everybody all going at it. Though the Extended Play sesssions seems to have more of a variety like Super Hard questions and other themes. I'd try out the Live game at least one more try before I discounted it. Unfortunately, if you're location on your profile is correct, then it might not matter if you like it or not. The rules for the being the One or the Mob says that those from Maryland are not eligible to win prizes. Sorry...

1 vs 100 Rules said:
You are a legal resident of Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec) or the 50 United States or the District of Columbia (excluding Connecticut, Iowa, Maryland, and Vermont)

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/1vs100/skillbasedrules.htm

At least your still eligible for the sweepstakes...

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/live/1vs100/sweepstakesrules.htm

Tommy McClain

Yeah, I found out how I'm SOL on getting prizes, but honestly, what's the odds anyhow?

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed it, but there was no incentive for us to play much longer then we did for about 55-60 mins. Where as with the extended play we played game after game. See if I am home in time tonight/tomorrow to go at it some more. I can't wait until they are running 24x7.

RL-Found another headset. I'm all good now. Have to see if we can get some gametime in tonight or tomorrow.

Cool, I think the game is today at 5. Too bad you and Az couldn't make it last night. We'll have to see if we can all get together tonight.

You're right about the quick twitch thing, but extended play is the same only worse. Because lots of people play extended play and just hammer the X button to get speed bonuses even if they get the answer wrong.

So the quick twitch thing is the same across both games. Besides, aren't all game shows about who answers first?

Sorry about your wife Az, hope everything is OK.

I'm also floored that you like extended play better than the real game. Its the complete opposite for me and for everybody I know that plays. Strange.

Extended play is quite boring vs the real game. The tension and suspense of the real game is what make it fun for me. Extended play is still fun on occasion but the real game is where it's at.

Cool, I think the game is today at 5. Too bad you and Az couldn't make it last night. We'll have to see if we can all get together tonight.

You're right about the quick twitch thing, but extended play is the same only worse. Because lots of people play extended play and just hammer the X button to get speed bonuses even if they get the answer wrong.

So the quick twitch thing is the same across both games. Besides, aren't all game shows about who answers first?

Sorry about your wife Az, hope everything is OK.

I'm also floored that you like extended play better than the real game. Its the complete opposite for me and for everybody I know that plays. Strange.

Wife is doing better. So I should be on this evening. Anyway, I wished the Extended Play was a little better. I want to be in the mob or the One, but can't hardly get myself to play Extended Play. The only incentive is to increase your chances in the Live game & that just aint enough for me.

Tommy McClain

thanks for the invite... couldn't make it tonight but will be on extended play this week and will try to make Live show next weekend. also need to work on headset issue.

sorry guys, life kind of got in the way for a bit. :smile:

hopefully join you soon. tell me, how does it work in a party? Are you all put i the same row?

Looks like I missed a good game. I was out camping the weekend. Didn't have even have 1 bar on the cell phone, much less access to the Internet. ;)

Tommy McClain

Does anyone know if this is coming out to New Zealand? I don't currently pay any money for Live Gold but if this came out I definately would! Hear that Microsoft, I would give you money for Live Gold if you brought out 100 vs 1 in my country!!!! I don't care if its just American questions, it would still be good.

Hmm.. I'll have to check the Canada/US thing because I know I've been in the Canada one where it says 'Canada episode starting' on the bottom. I thought they merged them both into just 'North America', but I'm not sure right now :)

Tap In - It depends, usually it'll bring your party into the same row but it seems to always take me some going back in and out to get everybody together. So that would be a real pain if anybody were ever in the One or 100.

Ooops! Watch yourself Azbat. There's a whole big pissing match going at Xbox.com forums about whether this bug applied to the US version or strictly the UK version, with the locals ganging up on somebody who claimed (as I would intent to believe) the games are essentially identical with few regional variances.

Also, looking through those forums it does seem like what we guessed is true: the speed factor, even if you get wrong answers, is the way to get chosen.

So it looks like MS has some more work to do. Beta is a good time for it.

Ooops! Watch yourself Azbat.

Oh nossss. :) I checked out the forums. It looks like it was only in the UK and like you said it's not really hacking or cheating. Just some very observable people. Maybe Microsoft will make some changes to fix that, but I'm not expecting much.

KaibaChaos on Xbox.com 1vs100 UK Forum said:
I have now been informed how the Defensives did it:

Quote from one of them:
"rite i have researched on the internet and it seems many other people have worked out what we do so i have no problem in telling you if you would not tell other people it works, because then the whole game would go into a frenzy of people playing like we did,

the rules of 1 vs 100 say:
After we determine your score for each skill element described above, we will determine whether you are the top player by applying one of the pre-designated and weighted combinations of skill elements below.

Skill Combinations

* Skill Combination 1: Participation, then Speed
* Skill Combination 2: Speed, then Accuracy
* Skill Combination 3: Accuracy, then Speed

basically after reading this we saw that speed was an improtant element and that if we mashed X for every question then we would have a strong chance to get within those combinations with all three relying on speed as a factor, so we got 200 speed (little lower if answer is correct) for every question the there is a good chance of us being high up on the leader boards for these combinations especially number 2.

if you would like to show this to microsoft then do it by all means but as i have seen on the internet it is not just us that do it we are just a lucky few who happened to become the one out of those who do this technique?

pleae message me back with your comments on this"

http://forums.xbox.com/5/28493901/ShowPost.aspx

Tommy McClain

Back