[XBL] 1 vs 100

It's come a long way since the early betas. We were getting kicked out regularly then. I played in the Live game last night, and there were at least 17000 players, which I found quite impressive, although I'm not used to playing the whole two hours and not getting to be in the mob. I should build up my lifetime score a bit more :)

I really enjoy 1vs100 as well, played a few rounds with Rancid & Robert. It's always a great time with friends. BTW, we've played some rounds where there were over 100,000 players. This latest beta though has had almost half as many players. Not sure why unless they've gone to capping them limit again.

Tommy McClain

The actual game is a LOT more fun than the extended play. As much as you might think the one and the host and hostess are superfluous, they really add a lot to the game and you miss them when you're playing extended play.

The game is GREAT though, it really is. I think it could be huge, really one of the biggest advancements ever in interactive TV/gaming.

yea I played a couple full games myself and was telling her how much she would like it.

We didn't even have anyone in our row the first time through and she just enjoyed the trivia and score keeping. When she actually saw that we were competing with others, it was on! :devilish: :smile:

Just an FYI - I read that this weekend 1v100 is supposed to be available for Silver members as well.

So those of you refusing to pay for Live! (Damn PS3 owners :) ) should try to get a taste of it this weekend.

wow.... played the Live game with the GF over the weekend and Extended plays and man is it fun.

She who HATES video gaming is hooked
! :) she even created her own AVATAR and wanted to play with her own controller (rather than having us answer together) and although we found that silvers can't use an avatar profile in game she enjoyed playing as a Guest. We sat there for 4 hours and she said she would have played ALL night had it been on. This is a type A , does not sit still for anything person.

In fact... and I can not believe I'm saying this... she wants me to get her a gold account so she can play with her own character and try to make it into the One or the Mob :oops:

also 1v100 made an appearance in the LIVE top 10 this week at number 7. :smile:

If this game can get my Gf to join Xbox Live gold... they have a real living room winner. My step daughter likes watching us play as well.

Uh oh. ;) Pretty soon you'll need to get a second Xbox. :p

that would make a 3rd... step son has number 2 :p

she loves the trivia but the truly most amazing thing to me was to see her tapping the Y button amping her character into dance moves ... I couldn't believe how much fun she was having after a couple years of saying she would never put a controller in her hands :cool:

she'll be a poster child for Natal when I put that in her hands

that would make a 3rd... step son has number 2 :p

she loves the trivia but the truly most amazing thing to me was to see her tapping the Y button amping her character into dance moves ... I couldn't believe how much fun she was having after a couple years of saying she would never put a controller in her hands :cool:

she'll be a poster child for Natal when I put that in her hands

You mean, when you don't put that in her hands? ;)

Tommy McClain

The other little tidbit I just learned last weekend is that the scores to determine who is 1 or 100 RESET each week.

Yes, unfortunately, the retarded extended play does count in the rankings.

But from what they said, it only counts WEEK to WEEK.

So you don't have to worry about people's lifetime scores, it's only the scores during that week that influence the choice into 1v100 as opposed to playing in the crowd.

So if you REALLY want a chance at playing as the 1 or the 100 that weekend, just play all the extended play during that week.

I still happen to think that sucks because extended play is really a completely different game. It just FEELS so different. That just means they've done a great job making the Live games feel like they're live. But still.

WOW!!! I finally played this over the last week. My ethernet port failed on my 360 and my buddy had my wireless adapter. Finally got it back, and hot damn this is one of the funnest things I have played on any console in the past year.

The production is top notch, I have played about 10 games and have not seen a single question repeat. It's faced paced, interactive, and FUN!!! We've had anywhere from 1-4 people playing with us in our house, and everyone came away surprised. Had a friend go out an purchase a 360 arcade the next day because of this game.

The game is a good balance of knowledge, quick reflexes, and planning your skips. I found no negatives what so ever other than the game isn't running 24x7.

Since you mentioned "skips" I figured you're just playing the extended play modes. Remember to schedule reminders for the Live shows on Friday & Saturday nights. Those are even more fun. Me & Rancid try to play together. If there is anybody that would want to do a party for a Live show let me know.

Tommy McClain

If we get a 2nd GOLD account, can we BOTH sign in to play on the same machine? I'm assuming yes but want to be sure

If we get a 2nd GOLD account, can we BOTH sign in to play on the same machine? I'm assuming yes but want to be sure

Yup. :) That's what a friend and I do when playing splitscreen Gears or Halo in order to play ranked matches.

Yes, but they can also play as a guest without a Gold account too. They just won't be eligible for the One or the Mob, meaning they only play in the Crowd.

Tommy McClain

cool! thanks guys... yes we do the guest thing now but she is disappointed that she can't qualify for the Mob so she asked me to get her a gold account. :cool:

HaHa! NEVER in my wildest imagination...:p She still qualifies it with "but this is the ONLY game I'll play" but we'll see. :devilish:

Yeah we have used 3 guests under my gold account.

RE: AzBat - Yeah, haven't played a live game yet. I'll add ya up, see if we can get together.

HaHa! NEVER in my wildest imagination...:p She still qualifies it with "but this is the ONLY game I'll play" but we'll see. :devilish:

This is to you and Ant... EVERY SINGLE PERSON that I've gotten to play 1v100 (other gamers I met in other games and dragged them into 1v100), have absolutely LOVED the game and are addicted now.

I'm not surprised at all that people are buying gold memberships or even arcade consoles to play this game. It's stunningly amazing. I was shocked at how much fun it is, it really does bring me back to growing up and sitting around the dinner table with my family watching wheel of fortune or Jeopardy and all of us trying to call out the answers before each other and before the contestants.

It's a blast. I'm going to send you two friend invites to see if you want to play tonight. (I already sent you a PM, Az)

Sorry I wasn't able to make it. My wife had to spend a few hours in the ER. Maybe tomorrow night will be better.

Tommy McClain

Well, it's not a computer game but a quiz game. Same as LIPS doesn't count as a comupter game, the XB360 just operating as a glorified karaoke box. These sorts of titles broaden the appeal fo the console, but I'll be very surprised if anyone who takes up a box for 1v100 progresses to Halo or such :p

Back