XB360 Kid Games?

Mize

3dfx Fan
Legend
Looking for recommendations for good kid games for the 360 - by kid games I'd compare them to Mario Galaxy or as violent as say Ratchet and Clank. Trying to justify having three consoles by showing my wife that the kids use them all :)

Are they into sports games at all? Pro Evo Soccer 2008 and Virtua Tennis 3 are amazing. If not Psychonauts can be downloaded directly from marketplace and is one of the best platformers I have ever played and has really good writing by Tim Schaefer, same guy who did Monkey Island 2, Day of the Tentacle, Full Throttle, and Grim Fandago. It has some edgy humor but I think kids would like it a lot.

Last edited by a moderator:
Great rec's. They're more into tennis than soccer and both like platformers. The eldest (11) is really into Heavenly Sword but almost done - not really a kid game but I make exceptions :)

I've heard viva pinata is good, and I highly recommend Kameo (you can pick it up as a platinum release).

I saw two little kids play in the store today. One tiny, tiny girl was driving an F1 car with remarkable success (honestly, I was amazed.), and the other, a tiny, tiny boy was playing Eternal Sonata. Both seemed surprisingly happy, but that last game really gave me a 'yes, children might just really love this even if they don't really know what they're doing' vibe.

Thats an easy one, turn on auto-download all for Live Arcade; once the 100+ demos are done there is MORE than enough to keep kids busy with just the demos, once you see them playing some over and over again you can make the decision to purchase the individual titles.

Seconded.

Thats an easy one, turn on auto-download all for Live Arcade; once the 100+ demos are done there is MORE than enough to keep kids busy with just the demos, once you see them playing some over and over again you can make the decision to purchase the individual titles.
hopefully they will be satisfied with simple XBLA games after playing AAA stuff like Heavenly Sword.

what? how is that an attempt at trolling?

Suggesting that somehow xbla arcade games aren't enjoyable because someone played a full game?

The OP himself said that his eldest child was almost done Heavenly Sword, I think my question was legitimate given how fickle little kids can be.

He said his eldest played Heavenly Sword, I'd think if he wanted teen rated games he would have asked for them.

/shrug your post reads like a stab at XBLA, not that it makes any sense. I apologize if that was not your intent.

I'm lost, I don't see where I took a stab at XBLA or where this Teen rating business is coming from. My post was a harmless but legitimate joke imo, anyone who's been around little kids knows how quickly something can become obsolete to them when they see something else that looks cooler.

Last edited by a moderator:
Viva Pinata as well as Kameo are excellent titles. There is a couple of Sonic titles available as well though dont know how well done they are. Banjo releases soon.

Crash of the Titans, Sega Superstars Tennis, Viva Pinata Party Animals(The whole family can play together), Lego Star Wars. Just to name a few.

Thanks guys. I think the XBLA stuff will be good (different from something like Heavenly Sword, but it's always about the game, right?) especially with the boy (9) who always asks about traditional games. In fact I was just telling him about Joust from when I was a kids a couple weeks ago.

As the thread starter let me just say that I didn't see shiznit's post as any kind of attack on XBLA or the 360. I think that some players are far more captivated by eye candy in such games as Heavenly Sword than they are by a good game like some of the classics we played as kids.

Valid concern IMHO, but has no bearing on the quality, value, etc. of XBLA.

Kameo, Guitar Hero 2/3, Viva Pinata, Viva Pinata Party Animals, Beutiful Katamari, Bee Movie, Lego Star Wars, Scene-It and Sonic. Live Arcade games? I'm sure Shrek N Roll, Frogger, Switchball, Marble Blast Ultra, 3D Ultra Minigolf, Boom Boom Rocket or Mad Tracks would be great hits.

Tommy McClain

Back