X800 overclocking?

Sandwich

Regular
So the X800XT consumes less power and runs even cooler than the 9800XT; can we assume then it will overclock well?
Haven't seen anything about overclocking in the previews (those I've read) yet, but I figure the small cooler and the low power consumption is a good sign.
Any thoughts?

Sandwich said:
So the X800XT consumes less power and runs even cooler than the 9800XT; can we assume then it will overclock well?
Haven't seen anything about overclocking in the previews (those I've read) yet, but I figure the small cooler and the low power consumption is a good sign.
Any thoughts?

http://www.nordichardware.se/Recensioner/?page=18&skrivelse=223

the XT doesn't overclock at all, the Pro overclocks very good

sorry about the swedish, translators are working on it right now =)

I'm wondering if Overdrive has simply disappeared into the void?

There is no Overdrive (tm) type listing in the control panel picture, nor any mention of it at all. Is it going to be a "surprise" or a casualty of the clock speed settings being set aggressively already?
It would have been interesting to get some info on the core on-die temperatures and some idea of overclocking limits for various X800s.

Sandwich said:
Any thoughts?

Read the reviews.

demalion said:
I'm wondering if Overdrive has simply disappeared into the void?

There is no Overdrive (tm) type listing in the control panel picture, nor any mention of it at all. Is it going to be a "surprise" or a casualty of the clock speed settings being set aggressively already?
It would have been interesting to get some info on the core on-die temperatures and some idea of overclocking limits for various X800s.

Overdrive is supposed to be on the X800 XT but not the Pro. But as we've seen it's not in the current drivers and even if it were it wouldn't do much good since the XT's doesn't overclock worth shit.

Just sent the question to ATi though.

Back