X360 price drop speculation

First I've heard of such a thing. They've been sold out in my area since before Sony announced the 20gb going disco.

well, its in the gamespot news section and at other places, i've just never bother to actually read to see if it was a rumor or not.

Doubt it's a good deal, $50 for WiFi, card reader and 40GB more.

Some may not need Wifi or a card reader. The extra 40gb is nice, but isn't the drive swapable anyway? A user could get a ps3 for $450 now and upgrade the hardrive later if need be to something much bigger than 60gb (like the 200gb drives available currently) Afterall, the real reason behind upgrading the drive would be for media. As we know (those of us that store media on their computers), you can never have enough space.

Good deal, for those interested. ;)

As we know (those of us that store media on their computers), you can never have enough space.

Good deal, for those interested. ;)

Oh I don't know.. I've got at least 400GBs free on my PC & I don't think i'll be filling it up anytime soon (i've been piling stuff on there for months with no sign of relenting..)

Doubt it's a good deal, $50 for WiFi, card reader and 40GB more.

Wifi - Useless to me.
Card Reader - why do I want one in my console again?
40gb more - That's $50 I could put towards an aftermarket HDD when the time comes.

I'd go with the 20gb for sure.

If I'm going to use PS3 as a real media storage device, then 60gb isn't gonna cut it, especially if we're taking high bitrate video's. If I'm not, then 20gb is fine.

is WiFi the only option if my laptop is taking up ethernet port of wireless router and only USB is available? i don't want my laptop to use usb as it disconnects every 3 mins :LOL:

Wifi - Useless to me.
Card Reader - why do I want one in my console again?
40gb more - That's $50 I could put towards an aftermarket HDD when the time comes.

I'd go with the 20gb for sure.

If I'm going to use PS3 as a real media storage device, then 60gb isn't gonna cut it, especially if we're taking high bitrate video's. If I'm not, then 20gb is fine.

20 GB is a joke..I hate it..I wish they would be phased out of all consoles and 40GB was the bare minimum.

Actually that's not totally true, 20GB does allow you to most thing on live. It just requires managing of your space, especially for the 6-7GB movie rentals.

But I still standby that I really hate 20GB..

Oh I don't know.. I've got at least 400GBs free on my PC & I don't think i'll be filling it up anytime soon (i've been piling stuff on there for months with no sign of relenting..)

I've got 1.5TB in my media center pc and I'm out of space. Decided after evaluating the situation that a 400 DVD changer is money better spent based on current HDD cost.

Anyone seriously considering using the ps3 as a "media center" will be looking for more than 60gb in no time.

But I still standby that I really hate 20GB..

Ya..if you rent movies.

If you don't, then 20gb is just fine. I mean, I really don't have a problem being limited to 7 or 8 demo's, and like 30-40 videos on there at once.

If I did purchase movies, I'd want alot more than 60gb, as that would fill up very quickly.

Ya..if you rent movies.

If you don't, then 20gb is just fine. I mean, I really don't have a problem being limited to 7 or 8 demo's, and like 30-40 videos on there at once.

If I did purchase movies, I'd want alot more than 60gb, as that would fill up very quickly.

I think you start with 13GB with the BC software, right? I think I have 4GB left with 5-6 demos and some video. BTW You don't buy the movies, you rent them.

I think you start with 13GB with the BC software, right? I think I have 4GB left with 5-6 demos and some video. BTW You don't buy the movies, you rent them.

Ya, it's 13gb, but mainly because of the cache space, 3 cache's that are like 1gb each IIRC.

Movie are rentals, but TV shows are purchases. Either way, if you're paying for video's in any form, then 20gb is totally limiting, if you're not (well I'm in Canada so I couldn't even if I wanted to) then I find it's totally adequate.

Ya, it's 13gb, but mainly because of the cache space, 3 cache's that are like 1gb each IIRC.

Movie are rentals, but TV shows are purchases. Either way, if you're paying for video's in any form, then 20gb is totally limiting, if you're not (well I'm in Canada so I couldn't even if I wanted to) then I find it's totally adequate.

I've never paid for a movie or show from Live, so the 20GB is fine for me also. I hope to upgrade to an Elite someday (65nm model maybe), mainly for the HDMI and black color.

I get movies off there quite often and thus have to take care of space. And this is without any BC stuff installed.

Can't wait to get the Elite with 65nm later this year.

I'm under the impression that if you want backwards compatiablity, it takes up quite a bit of space on the harddrive. Since I have no games from the orginial Xbox, I don't need it.

It's already pre-installed on all 360 HDD's. Think it takes like 500 MB.

if it takes up 500mb surely they could have sold BC installation CD with HDD (and 360 console if premium or elite) and allow us to delete it if not needed? cds only cost pennies to produce if not dollars or quids

Back