Would 256mb of vid ram justify the price difference?

Aside from core and memory clock speeds, for upcoming games between now and Ati/Nvidias next processor, how would amount of memory make a difference? I know it means less agp bus and hard-drive access, but what would require such a load of memory?

Vertex and index buffers for static meshes, mipmapped texture levels, cubemaps, offscreen render targets, etc.

it helps a lot when you want to play at high res and 6x aa, there is much less texture trashing

and it is a cool thing for people who use lot of 128bit floating point rendertargets

Is everyone up reading reviews? It is late where I'm at (actually early, 1:39 AM) and this thread has recieved 4 replies in around 4 minutes. I'll get some rest, interesting as conversation might be. You guys should get some rest too. ;)

Luminescent said:
Is everyone up reading reviews? It is late where I'm at (actually early, 1:39 AM) and this thread has recieved 4 replies in around 4 minutes. I'll get some rest, interesting as conversation might be. You guys should get some rest too. ;)

it's 8 AM over here

haven't slept since yesterday ;)

got a job interview in a few hours, hehe they'll probably think I'm on crack or something lol

Back