WinXP Explorer/IE Interface Lagging Terribly - Please Help?

dotnet not dotcom

ps: hijackthis log ?

ps: do you have CD Burner XP Pro 3

ps: try uninstalling flash there is a rogue version around

I typoed, I uninstalled dotnet.

HiJack This is fine, I checked it.

No CD Burner XP Pro 3.

Flash uninstall does not help.

Somtimes you just have no other choice than to Backup..Format..Re-install.

And if you someone how has tons of software installed (with custom configs) then the best idea is to BFR then install and config apps to how you like them and then make an image of you HDD.

Then if anything goes wrong you can run you image back to you system partition/drive and all is peachy again.

This thread is good as I had not heard of Process Monitor before.

My laptop with Vista 64 is doing something weird now as well when unplugged.

The processor utilization is always very very low. Idle is 99% but when I try to open programs or folders it sometimes seems to hang for a bit first. It could just be a slow hdd though I guess, but I have used slow hdd before and they never seemed this bad. I wondered if something was wrong with power management as the computer actually can run very fast when plugged in at least.

I suppose I should have got an ASUS laptop instead of HP as ASUS are known for having crappy/nonexistant power management. Thus their batteries don't last but they have blistering performance.

You also get such slowdowns if you have mapped network drives that aren't available.

just registered to add my 2cents

Yesterday my PC was infected by some spy/mal ware called antivirus xp 2008 and after getting rid it with various software including spybot search and destory my IE and explorer started experiencing the exact symptoms you described. so after scouring the web including this foorum with still no luck. i decided to get rid of Spybot S&D and you guessed it! IT WORKED!
now things are back to normal.

woohoo!

:D

Back