Windows Media Player 11 freezes on some vids

Really? I dont run Linux at all. What are wrong with your Windows Machines? :LOL:

It plays DVD, RVMB, WMV, DIVX, AVI, ASF, XVID. I know cos I have tried all those, it probably plays other formats that I havent mentioned.

What options are you missing as well? Wait, Nevermind, use what works for you lol. Works fine for me. :p
I use it too because it's the best I can do on Xubuntu, but I would much prefer to have an old-style Zoom Player 2.something, you know, from before it started sucking so hard.

VLC works but its user interface and integration is complete bs. It fails at managing its own window focus. It doesn't remember if its maximized or not. It insists on down-sizing itself when done playing. You can't use the mouse wheel for anything (at least not on Windows) because the slider control will catch that and you'll skip backward/forward regardless of what you did in the preferences. It doesn't drag and drop. Play/pause/actually all play controls have absurd amounts of lag. The playlist management is shit.

I still use it, for its decoding capabilities. But a good media player it is not.

VLC works but its user interface and integration is complete bs. It fails at managing its own window focus. It doesn't remember if its maximized or not. It insists on down-sizing itself when done playing. You can't use the mouse wheel for anything (at least not on Windows) because the slider control will catch that and you'll skip backward/forward regardless of what you did in the preferences. It doesn't drag and drop. Play/pause/actually all play controls have absurd amounts of lag. The playlist management is shit.
Yes, there is that as well. But that are only minor complaints to me, although I agree they might get on your nerves after a while.

Back