Why most Gaming PC / Laptop have tacky lights and angles?

orangpelupa

Elite Bug Hunter
Legend
does most gamer really like that kind of design? O_O

or is there some kind of common rules between manufacturers that gaming stuff need to have tacky lights, or else you are blaspheming "gaming pc" name or something? O_O

Men love shit like angles and lights. It's why razors have tons of blades these days, and use buzzwords like "mach 5" and "turbo" and stuff like that.

Basically, men are like little boys, with no brains. Easily distracted with some flash and thunder. :LOL:

By the way: I love LEDs on gadgets. If two gadgets are basically comparable in the respects I care about, I will buy the one with the most LEDs... :oops:

There's classy led and tacky led.

PS4 looks classy, Xperia SP looks classy.

Asus rog series looks tacky.

By the way: I love LEDs on gadgets. If two gadgets are basically comparable in the respects I care about, I will buy the one with the most LEDs... :oops:

Heh, I'm the opposite I'll buy the one with less or even better, no LEDs. :) The only thing visible LEDs are good for, IMO, is to easily let you know how much battery life is left on a wireless mouse. And even then, I'd prefer it with no LEDs.

Heck, I dislike them so much I have tape over the LED on my 1000 USD subwoofer. :p

Regards,
SB

I can turn on built in blue led lights in my case. I keep them off however.

I don't like the look

It's why razors have tons of blades these days

Ironically, the Razer Blade gaming laptop looks like this:

y69qDzt.jpg

zcrHXQB.jpg

Well the good think with external GPUs is that as soon as thunderbolt v3 becomes standard through USB-C, every laptop can be a gaming laptop. Even 2-in-1s like the Surface Pro line can be gaming laptops.

Ironically, the Razer Blade gaming laptop looks like this:

y69qDzt.jpg

zcrHXQB.jpg

Razer is a funny company. They really love their LEDs. That might seem like a bad thing, but it's actually much better than a company that only kinda loves LEDs.

Razer's "Chroma" brand name generally means LEDs that can smoothly change to many colors and can be granularly controlled in a complex fashion (linked to music, etc).

At first glance, you might grown that level of overkill. It's actually wonderful. Firstly, you can easily turn the lights off (that's what I did on my Razer Deathadder Chroma). Secondly, you could change the color of the light to a clean white light for your backlight. I don't know the particulars of the Chroma implementation of the newly announced Blade update, but I wouldn't surprised if you could leave the lid logo light off and use a clean white light on the keyboard.

So in conclusion, it's kinda weird, but I actually prefer Razer's overboard Chroma lighting just because it lets me make the lights look much less gaudy. A simpler LED implementation might lock you into an ugly red/blue light.

I had a 17" Dell Inspiron XP2 Gen 2 in the early 2000s and that thing has programmable coloured LEDs on the front grills, side vents and the XPS logo on the lid itself. It obviously wasn't why I bought it (it had a mobile Geforce Go6800) but that thing started the trend of LED overload. Even better, I still have it! :yes:

91706-dell-inspiron-xps-gen-2-back.jpg

Simply: there is no accounting for taste.

I hate the silly LEDs & mostly ugly extraneous plastic bits, have several times disassembled things to find & cut the wires to LEDs.
Give me simple, affordable, low key & quiet with decent innards producing the action on the monitor.

I recently paid more money to not have LEDs and garish colours and angles when buying a gaming monitor. Maybe these companies know what they're doing. The younger folk prefer the bling, and the older ones have more money to avoid it.

Don't get me wrong though, leds can be beastly in proper case mods. I still remember this Alien themed Xenomorph mod

99efc8ba_IMG_4649.jpeg

75cc66c1_IMG_4693.jpeg

efe3c623_IMG_4690.jpeg

852cd7b5_IMG_4691.jpeg

Mind-blowing stuff!

They did a good job indeed, in that they executed really well in the specific aesthetic they were aiming at. That aesthetic though, is the very definition of tacky.
Its bright and flasy, because that aludes to futuristic and technological. It does? To whom? To an actual scientist, or to a fat zitty virgin who'se entire imagetic references and aspirations come from star trek, the matrix, aliens whatever other cliche and over-romenticized unrealistic hollywood/comic-book bullshit that can fit that group. It's all made to create this disenyland like fake fantasy that this fat neardy kid us using some sort of state of the art computer technology from the future ( or another planet gigledy gleee) when they are just using a regular ibm pc assembled with the most expensive avaliable parts of consumer level hardware. Elitist? Yes. State of the art? Mehh. And all that for what? To play silly pew pew pew shoot the aliens games. Not to diss gaming, since we all do it herw, but to recognize it is indeed a silly hobby.
The theoretical concept of good design followed by most designers, architecs, and generally people without a greesy ponytail and a metal-band t-shirt, is that which has a good reason to be the way it is, which has all it needs to operate the best it can, and nothing more.
This is the exact oposit of tacking multiple gimicky lights and thingamabobs around your rig with no purpose other than superfitially making it look like the super computers of cheesy movies and mass-media products. Really low-brow stuff.
That rig sure can impress his owner male rpg playing, roaccutane takin friends. Will still probably not help him much with the virginity thing.

to a fat zitty virgin who'se entire imagetic references and aspirations come from star trek, the matrix, aliens whatever other cliche and over-romenticized unrealistic hollywood/comic-book bullshit that can fit that group.
Dont refer to your fellow b3d readers like that :D

Back