Why go for 60 FPS in every bit of every game? *spawn*

Most games do not need 60FPS. Drive Club even proves that racing games don't require 60FPS. It may help with some racing games, but it is not a necessity.

Racing games don't need textures, or greater than about 192 x 144 resolution. They don't even need to use polygons. They don't even need colour.

What's with you comparing 60 fps as a necessity against things that are very definitely just "un-necessary" personal preferences?

If I had a PS4 Pro, I'd avoid any game that didn't allow me a 1080P and 30FPS option that had better graphics and not just downsampled from a higher resolution.

Then you'd be stuck with the none pro versions that looked worse at 1080p. Hooray! A winner is you!

Drive Club even proves that racing games don't require 60FPS.

And how DC proves that? I'm curious because I have vivid memories of how my eyes hurt from watching this 30 fps slideshow. I was mainly doing time trials and concentrating on every inch of the track and not playing with photomode ;).

I'd rather have 60 FPS be the minimum with a variable framerate > 100 fps coupled with adaptive refresh screens because that is where PC gaming is.

Back