Why am I so hypo?

K.I.L.E.R

Retarded moron
Veteran
I've just had a shower and I'm eating teddy bear biscuits and I feel really hypo.

Is it the sugar that makes me hypo?

K.I.L.E.R said:
RussSchultz said:
hyper and hypo are antonyms.

Down here hypo and hyperactive tend to be synonymous when used as a figure of speach.

doesn't make it correct ;)

lol.

sugar could make you hyper... lot of simple carbs in buscuits. perhaps your insulin control isn't quite what it should be!

K.I.L.E.R said:
Is it the sugar that makes me hypo?
Quite probably. Adrenomedullary hyperactivity has been linked with insulin. The fact that the biscuits you eat are teddy-bear shaped will also exacerbate the problem.

K.I.L.E.R said:
RussSchultz said:

Down here hypo and hyperactive tend to be synonymous when used as a figure of speach.

No it doesnt. This coming from another Aussie (IE Me!) HYPO-active means underactive HYPERactive means overactive!

The reason why people say "Hypo" is because they are either ignorant and or they think it sounds good.

Everyone else keeps saying hypo down here.
I use it when I'm just being informal.

I wouldn't dare use it like I do informally on an exam or an essay paper though.
Then again I wouldn't say 99% of the stuff on an exam or essay that I post on these forums. ;)

Just think about that. :)

Andy said:
K.I.L.E.R said:
RussSchultz said:

No it doesnt. This coming from another Aussie (IE Me!) HYPO-active means underactive HYPERactive means overactive!

The reason why people say "Hypo" is because they are either ignorant and or they think it sounds good.

Using hypo to mean hyper is indeed very confusing. In medical terms hypo is very commonly used in the "correct" way.

Some factoids: Simple carbohydrates or not matters little to GI. White bread is allmost up there with pure glucose; apparently long unbranched starches are very easy to break down quickly even though they aren't really "simple". Sugar has a much lower GI than white bread because of the fructose component(fructose takes a long time to convert into glucose. If you just hydrolyze sucrose you get equal parts sugar and fructose), but people tend to eat a lot more sugar from candy in one sitting than starch from bread.

The reason pasta is a very low GI food is 'mechanical', the starch grains are embedded in a 'matrix' of protein which makes it much slower to get at.

Back