Who's going to see Star Wars at midnight?

epicstruggle said:
McElvis said:
RussSchultz said:
Personally, I think Lucas created a back story ("The Clone Wars") and then tried to weave it into the story line after the fact without really thinking it through.

In ROTJ, Leia tells Luke that she remembers her mother from when she was young. Can't see how thats possible now after ROTS....
Hmm, i dont think she realized that her real parents include vader and padme. Her adopted parent might have died ealry in her childhood giving us that part of the scene you bring up.

epic
leia is force sensitive so she could have had visions of her :)

What I didn't quite get is that in the beginning she just said she was pregnant and just a couple of "real-life" weeks later she gave birth to the babies. Quite a fast development, I'd say...

pay attention to the movie , they state that he had been away from months and the only reason he was back was because the attack . So that means it was many months before that she got knocked up . Then factor in that she was dieing and the robot forced the births

RussSchultz said:
5 month premies don't look like full term new borns.
True. Not on Earth, not today. Who knows, however, how the whole pregnancy thing worked; 'A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away'.

RussSchultz said:
5 month premies don't look like full term new borns.

i thought it was longer than months .

But hey 5 month premies from a guy who was born through the force could look anyway they want them too haha also considering these aren't humans they may only have a 6 month term in naboo

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2005230662,00.html

Kinda off topic but meh...

I loved the bit where Palpatine says something along the lines of "Anyone not our ally is an enemy". Very odd bit of relevance to the US, as pointed out above.

Rest of the movie was laughable at best. Anakin shooting the robots off of Obiwan's ship? Then nudging the ship?? Way way over the top. The downfall of Anakin did not fit at all (eg, from killing an unarmed Dooku to killing Mace FOR TRYING TO KILL AN UNARMED SITH LORD).

I'm in the middle of it, and frankly, it's ass-a-riffic. George Lucas couldn't write his way out of a friggin' paper bag. The dialog here is truly cringe-worthy. I would say this is style over substance, but even the style here is leaving me cold. Yes, there's more elaborate cgi than has ever been done in a film previously, but the whole movie with it's extensive blue-screening still feels like I'm watching the cut scene from a mid-1990's "interactive movie". It may be better than the last two Lucas has put out, but that sure isn't saying much. I can't believe people are rating this higher than Return of the Jedi. ROTJ blows this out of the water.

Clashman said:
I'm in the middle of it, and frankly, it's ass-a-riffic. George Lucas couldn't write his way out of a friggin' paper bag. The dialog here is truly cringe-worthy. I would say this is style over substance, but even the style here is leaving me cold. Yes, there's more elaborate cgi than has ever been done in a film previously, but the whole movie with it's extensive blue-screening still feels like I'm watching the cut scene from a mid-1990's "interactive movie". It may be better than the last two Lucas has put out, but that sure isn't saying much. I can't believe people are rating this higher than Return of the Jedi. ROTJ blows this out of the water.
Ebert Defends Star Wars Review
Posted By josh@theforce.net on May 29, 2005

RogerEbert.com has some great answers to questions about his review of Episode III. Head there for the rest, here's one of them:

Q. How you can give the new "Star Wars" movie 3.5 stars when you write, "The dialogue throughout the movie is once again its weakest point: The characters talk in what sounds like Basic English, without color, wit or verbal delight, as if they were channeling Berlitz." Doesn't this make it a movie deserving no more than two stars? Just because a fabulously wealthy producer can afford the best in special effects, does that warrant a rating close to perfection?

Robert Cavanaugh, Wheaton

A. I got a lot of messages saying there was a disconnect between my star rating and my review. Perhaps there was. Star ratings are the bane of my existence, because I consider them to be relative and yet by their nature, they seem to be absolute.

"Star Wars: Episode III" returned to the space opera roots of the original film and succeeded on that level, and for that I wanted to honor it, while regretting that it did not succeed at the levels of intelligence and wit as it did on the levels of craftsmanship and entertainment.

PARANOiA said:
I loved the bit where Palpatine says something along the lines of "Anyone not our ally is an enemy". Very odd bit of relevance to the US, as pointed out above.

Every Jedi, including your friend Obi-Wan, is now an enemy of the Republic!

Random tidbit: Lucas said during Celebration III that there is a possibility for more Star Wars movies. In specific, during KOTOR era. He also seemed to hint at another director doing the movie. Now that would be a good movie. They wouldn't happen in the near future though.

I liked the Episode III. I saw it last weekend.
I also liked EP1 and EP2 too when I first saw them, I guess I'm just very easy to please :)
The second half was much better, the jedi purge, anakin's choice to turn into dark side, the birth of the twins/Vader's "birth".

There really was little that annoyed me, I really don't care that much about the plot holes... maybe there are explanations to some of them outside of the movies :)

No.1 annoyance to me was the kiddy robot voices (and some other sound effects too), they already grated me in EP1 and it was worse in this.

Anakins turning into dark side was presented well enough, the way I saw it was he turned more because he had little choice to do otherwise, after basically having murdered Mace Windu. That scene was powerful if a little over acted by Ian McDiarmids part. Also the emperor make-up wasn't as good as it could have been.
I see anakin more in love with power and control than in love with Padme.
Ambition for power is his no1 motivator, not Padme.

Yes, there was some things I can't believe Lucas wrote, like Padmes death "because she had lost her will to live"... it would've been so much more believable, logical and tragic if she'd died of injuries. There must be a reason Lucas wrote it so (I hope it's not just to make the film more kid friendly).

I'll go see it again, and buy it on dvd, and watch it again, and again, and again.... :LOL:

Back