Who here buys from Newegg?

Newegg and Zipzoomfly are the two primary online vendors I use for computer parts. Mainly ZZF, though, since they tend to have better prices.

I have ordered stuff from NE before but they are not my favorite vendor or anything. I usually order from whoever has the best deals at the time. I mostly browse NE to see product photos and user reviews.

Zipzoomfly, Monarch, TigerDirect; I've had good service/dealings with all of them multiple times and would happily do so again.

Newegg is my fave though, they just got it all down.

Oh, and I can't mention online shopping without a nod to Pricewatch...ALWAYS use 'em to comparison shop.

In order of prefrence: Newegg, ZZF, monarch, amazon. Ive also bought a couple computers, a few laptops and quite a few accessories from dell.

I usually search for deals through fatwallet.com for good deals.

Anything in particular that you shop for or are looking at buying?

epic

I would buy from Newegg if they shipped to Canada (or preferably from a Canadian warehouse). I ordered a few things from Tiger Direct, but they're a bit more expensive on certain items (CPUs or mobos) that I could get locally and without paying for shipping. Ordering from the states is a huge no-no for me because of the damn taxes.

I would buy from Newegg if they shipped to Canada (or preferably from a Canadian warehouse). I ordered a few things from Tiger Direct, but they're a bit more expensive on certain items (CPUs or mobos) that I could get locally and without paying for shipping. Ordering from the states is a huge no-no for me because of the damn taxes.
Hehe, Im sure some of the older members, wouldnt mind sending you computer hardware in exchange for cheap prescription drugs from canada. :p

Nearly all the time unless ZZF has it much cheaper. Newegg has always treated me right and I buy a lot of various parts from them. TigerDirect is not nearly as good as Newegg when it comes to service, or at least the way I've been treated by them, even with a Business account.

Monarch, looked at them but never bought. I do recall recently that they had financial troubles. Not sure what all happened with that.

Yes. I spend entirely too much on items from NewEgg, ZZF, and eWiz. NewEgg has awesome customer support. Throughout my 5+ year span of shopping there, I've never had any issues they couldn't resolve.

Buy pretty much evreything from Newegg for both home and work. Convenient having everything there, great search refinement tools, and never had issues with rma's or refunds.

Pretty much everything from newegg as well although Im seriously trying to talk myself out of the 24" Dell (which I would have to get off of Dell or another retailer of Dell merchandise).

For over 500 USD purchases I have a hard time using the internet the only thing I would have to drive about 90 minutes to Indy to pick up the montior as local retailers dont cater to the more "hardcore/highend consumers".

I ebay as well although not very often.

Zipzoomfly, Monarch, TigerDirect; I've had good service/dealings with all of them multiple times and would happily do so again.

Newegg is my fave though, they just got it all down.

Oh, and I can't mention online shopping without a nod to Pricewatch...ALWAYS use 'em to comparison shop.

Digi is monarch out of their tailspin? They collapsed completely last fall.

No clue, I haven't bought from 'em since my X800 Pro. I just remembered they were really good with me with that purchase.

Newegg's shipping department is unprecedented. I always use standard shipping and they quote me around 5-7 days. It usually takes two days. Also one of my friends bought a motherboard from them, owned it for about a year and it broke. He then called them and they gave him store credit even after a year. It was amazing. I'm not sure if they have warranties like that anymore.

In order of prefrence: Newegg, ZZF, monarch, amazon. Ive also bought a couple computers, a few laptops and quite a few accessories from dell.

I usually search for deals through fatwallet.com for good deals.

Anything in particular that you shop for or are looking at buying?

epic

Well ye, there are a few things I wanna buy. CPU, Mobo, Memory etc.

US

Newegg unless MicroCenter has it locally and I've got a bad itch...
Isn't Monarch gone?

Back