Who here buys from Newegg?

Well got 2 X-Fi Gamers from outpost (frys) for $70 each being delivered tommorrow. But no chance I'm going back there for main shopping, their website is woeful compared to newegg. In fact, I haven't seen a better system than neweggs anywhere yet.

I've been finding over the last few months that Newegg's auto price system (which increases as an item is sold) seems far too aggressive in bumping their prices way over MSRP. Looks like they're getting too cocky in my opinion. For example since the R600 launch i've skimmed what they've had in stock once in awhile, i dont think i've once seen a card below $420 without a rebate, OEM model or Retail, and some easily go as high as $440-$450. MSRP = $399 and many places have the same cards for that so thats kinda crappy business ethics in my opinion. I've also been looking at DSLRs and Newegg has some of the same retail models for literally 15%-20% higher then other legitimate places. I also dont see the free ground shipping option on a lot of things like i use to either which is something that makes ZZF good.

If they keep this up im pretty sure my business with them is going to taper off to practically nothing.

Im not a fan of places that abuse their popularity by price gouging.

*dons tinfoil hat* Maybe newegg has something against AMD or has made deals with Nvidia? :p

I've been compiling a computer I want to buy next month, and have been looking at several different brands of components across several sites. Newegg has always been within +/- a few percent of other sites, and more often than not, cheaper.

nope its nVidia cards too. Its not hard to find products doing exactly what im talking about.

ZZF eVGA 8800U non-OC = 670 + $20 rebate + free shipping

Newegg same card = 700 + $20 rebate + 6 to ship via ground.

Newegg is also the ones who had the first quad core EEs price at at 50-60% markup over MSRP even for a few weeks after supply stabilized. As i said im not a fan of places that abuse their popularity by price gouging. I just remember when i initially started buying from them all their prices would be MSRP or cheaper (usually cheaper and free shipping was just a nice bonus), then it got to the point where deals were harder to find, a few things i'd buy might be cheaper elseware by a few dollars, but i know Newegg has good service and its easier to get as much from one place as possible, but now i have to really pay attention because more often then not its quite a bit above MSRP or certainly worth my while to make a price check through froogle to find the same thing for 10-20% cheaper which is just stupid from a place that is quite popular... and they axed that free shipping!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back