Which is powerful gamecube or xbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty2000

Newcomer
This came up at another forum and I was wondering which you think is more powerful, and why. I think it's XBox but someone else thinks it's GCN. He cites Rogue Leader as the prime example since it pushes 15 million polygons per second at 60fps with no slowdown and with lots of things bump-mapped. I dont really think this is true since there's been no reliable source other than the developer on the number of polygons and also I remember that when I played it through there was slowdown quite frequently. Also, I dont recall much bump-mapping other than on big enemy ships. He says also that XBox has come nowhere near this in any way and so is proof that XBox is less powerful.

What do you think? Please back up your arguements with technical reasoning.

I think this is the same thread that has been beaten to death here and everywhere else. I also think that the majority of answers will be nothing but meaningless speculation based on 3rd hand information.

On a less sour note theres a lot of stuff already here if you search back.

what ERP posted....oh and Xbox purely for the amount of memory available :)

EDIT: let's keep this humourous guys :D

You are all fools... The most powerful console was and remains the JAGUAR! The full power of it was just unrealized! I mean, that keypad was on the controller for a reason, eh? Pure power!

cthellis42 said:
You are all fools... The most powerful console was and remains the JAGUAR! The full power of it was just unrealized! I mean, that keypad was on the controller for a reason, eh? Pure power!

power for CTS u mean :LOL:

Doesn;t sound as fiery as PS2 vs XB.... :LOL:

BTW, you asked ....."which is powerful GC or XB...
my answer....BOTH :LOL:

asking as simple as "which is more powerful" and there is no true answer, as it's entirely subjective and relative.

However ask, "which is more powerful at [insert]"...

cthellis42 said:
/me goes off to play AvP :D

This kind of topic though is just ripe for flaming, I started a DC vs PS2 topic, and had no intention for it to be a flamefest but I left it overnight and the next day there were 10 pages of bickering and silly arguments. :oops:

You could say...

The one that plays the games you like most is the most powerful.

The one with the controller you feel is the most comfortable is the most powerful.

Either could be just as true as any technical argument you might come up with. ;)

*G*

PS2 has to be the most powerful, imagine if US government bans PS2 in US, there will be riots in US cities//// :LOL: ...just kidding :D

Well no one can argue that the Xbox isn't the heaviest! ;)

I guess if we're talking F=MA here, that makes it the most powerful.

ERP said:
I think this is the same thread that has been beaten to death here and everywhere else. I also think that the majority of answers will be nothing but meaningless speculation based on 3rd hand information.

On a less sour note theres a lot of stuff already here if you search back.

Trasnlation: Search function and Google are your friends ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back