Which 21/22" monitor?

Gubbi

Veteran
I'm about to get a new monitor and have been looking around. Does anybody here have an idea which of these are better?:

Samsung 1200NF (22")
Philips Brilliance 202p40 (22")
ViewSonic P225F
IBM P275 (21")
NEC Multisync FE1250+ (22")

Price is more or less the same. The important thing is that they can do 2048x1536 @ >75Hz.

Cheers
Gubbi

Re: Monitor

statick said:
Get the Samsung 191T LCD screen - YOU WILL NOT REGRET IT
But, AFAIK, the 191T can’t do 2048x1536.

Also, according to this, the maximum resolution of the FE1250+ is 1920x1440@73Hz. The other ones should be okay, though… I think... don’t take my word for it :)

Thx for the input.

Funny the NEC is the most expensive here.

LCDs won't do. I'll be using this for gaming aswell as work (my home machine) so it'll need a response time in the ~10ms range.

Besides I already have an 18" LCD as my secondary screen.

Cheers
Gubbi

I have been using the Samsung 1200NF for over a year. My only serious complaint about it is the control setup took me a long time to get use to. Most pleasant surprise is the front usb ports on it are a real plus for me as the ones in my tower a bit inaccessable to swap out easily.

i have the ibm monitor, and havent regret it. an awesome screen, and got it at a good price. quite heavy but i guess at these sizes they will all be heavy. :)

later,

I got the Philips, mainly because I could get it at cost price.

It's excellent.

The only real bummer was hauling it up the stairs to my appartment, it is *that* heavy.

Cheers
Gubbi

Monitors

We have some of the IBM 21" monitors at work, and they are fantastic. The clarity is very nice.
At home I have a Sony G500 Multiscan. I love this monitor. The clarity between the ibm and the sony are equal. I think the color on the sony is a bit better, but Ive had it a while and played with the color much. The Ibm's at work are just default. Ive also heard good things about samsung monitors, I know their lcd's are awesome =). Good luck and good choice on the MONITOR and not lcd for gaming.
P.s. - You really should check out the sony higher ends. But remember all trinitons have the two tiny black lines.

the similarty is bescause ibm uses sony tubes. ;)

i have an ibm p260 myself and i highly recomend anything with a trinitron or dimondtron tube in it.

The Philips I got also has the Trinitron lines in the display.

So guess it's a Sony after all.

Cheers
Gubbi

Back