Which is better: Samsung 226BW 'C' Panel, or Acer 2216WBD ??

ahmadka

Newcomer
Hi guys! Well I am currently thinking of upgrading from current ViewSonic 19" LCD Monitor (VA1912wb), to a 22" one. There are basically 2 choices available to me: The Samsung 226BW 'C' Panel LCD Monitor, and the Acer 2216WBD. Nothing else is available in the shops where I am :p..

As you would probably know, theoretically the Samsung 226BW is much better than the Acer 2216WBD. However, there are actually 3 variations of the Samsung 226BW. 'S' (which is the best in terms of quality), and the 'A' and 'C' versions (which are lesser quality LCDs - has crappy colours by default, but which can be fixed manually to a considerable degree)....Only the 'C' Panel version of this Samsung 226BW is available to me, and I don't know if this version of the Samsung 226BW is still better than the Acer 2216WBD or not....There is also a price difference of about US$55.

My primary reason for upgrading is because I have recently purchased a PS3, and I want to use the new display with my PS3 :D...That is, the monitor will be used for both work and gaming ...

So basically, which one is more recommended: Samsung 226BW 'C' Panel, or the Acer 2216WBD...?

Hi guys! Well I am currently thinking of upgrading from current ViewSonic 19" LCD Monitor (VA1912wb), to a 22" one. There are basically 2 choices available to me: The Samsung 226BW 'C' Panel LCD Monitor, and the Acer 2216WBD. Nothing else is available in the shops where I am :p..

As you would probably know, theoretically the Samsung 226BW is much better than the Acer 2216WBD. However, there are actually 3 variations of the Samsung 226BW. 'S' (which is the best in terms of quality), and the 'A' and 'C' versions (which are lesser quality LCDs - has crappy colours by default, but which can be fixed manually to a considerable degree)....Only the 'C' Panel version of this Samsung 226BW is available to me, and I don't know if this version of the Samsung 226BW is still better than the Acer 2216WBD or not....There is also a price difference of about US$55.

My primary reason for upgrading is because I have recently purchased a PS3, and I want to use the new display with my PS3 :D...That is, the monitor will be used for both work and gaming ...

So basically, which one is more recommended: Samsung 226BW 'C' Panel, or the Acer 2216WBD...?

This should really be posted in the monitor forum...

I purchased one of the Acer's over the Samsung's partly due to the price at the time. However, here are some good reads to help you decide:

Acer: http://theacerblog.is-there.net/acer-al2216wbd/
1680 X 1050, 170/160, 700:1, 300 cd/m2, 5ms Response Time

Samsung: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001096
1680 x 1050, 160/160, 700:1, 300 cd/m2, 2 ms (GTG)

Specs really aren't that different to make a decision there, so reading reviews on build quality, physical features, and visual performance will be best. Pricing alone might be the determination considering their closeness.

I've got a 226cw (basically a BW only with the garuantee of a ''c'' panel) and I think its pretty good. It has some backlight bleeding when the whole screen is black but overall im happy with it. I wrote a small review on the forum here so you might want to read that. I dont know about the acer screen but I think the samsung is a very decent screen. Looks nice, feels quality made and im happy with the IQ too.

Back