What's a comfortable Temperature?

20°C is ok with me. More than that is too hot. During the night, 15-18°C is fine. I'm a cold kinda guy, I guess.

_xxx_ said:
20°C is ok with me. More than that is too hot. During the night, 15-18°C is fine. I'm a cold kinda guy, I guess.

Man that it amazing. I am shivering at 20C (2.20 pm) right now, ideal temp for me is 25C with sitting in sunshine. I hate summers (47C max peak).

Deepak said:
Man that it amazing. I am shivering at 20C (2.20 pm) right now, ideal temp for me is 25C with sitting in sunshine. I hate summers (47C max peak).

Well you live in a warm country and I have a few russian genes :)

All just a matter of adaption to the local climate...

sytaylor said:
17-19 C indoors or out is just about right for me.

That's what living in the British isles will do to you.

My kid brother lived 4 years in Edinburgh (peddling whiskey). Went there last "summer" to see him (and RHCP). It was windy, cloudy and never above 19 C.

My brother kept saying "Bloody good weather, eh ?", and not in a sarcastic way.

Personal preference: 20 C

Cheers

Well it seems that a lot of you guys either like it cold, or I'm a wuss :D

I did figure out how to turn off the "heater" here at work, so I'm not being frozen today. This is a change from last year. Usually it's 80+F inside in the winter and under 70F in the summer. I work in the worst building.

Ha, you guys complaining about 19c are wusses. ;)

In minnesota here, I remember when it got down to -40c (which coincidently is also -40f). Now that was cold. :) The windchill was some obscenely colder number.

Nite_Hawk

Nite_Hawk said:
Ha, you guys complaining about 19c are wusses. ;)

In minnesota here, I remember when it got down to -40c (which coincidently is also -40f). Now that was cold. :) The windchill was some obscenely colder number.

Nite_Hawk

Yeah, I've been to Minneapolis in November, it was definately cold there. I hear at -40 that's when you can spit at the ground and have it freeze before it hits. :D I don't want to experence that personally.

Where I'm at, like I said, it only gets below freezing at night. We do have nasty fog durning the winter though (40F(5C) and 100% humidity sucks) and it breaks 120F(49C) in the summer.

i like it chill at 20C average and 10-15 at night.

I'm a person who always has hot! seriously!... I always have my window open in my car..
Tshirt in the winter etc...

my wife is quite different, always cold, always the heater on at 23c....
always complaining its freezing in the house (een when our house temp claims 22-23°C...)

its always something to discuss about at home.haha :)

the maddman said:
Yeah, I've been to Minneapolis in November, it was definately cold there. I hear at -40 that's when you can spit at the ground and have it freeze before it hits. :D I don't want to experence that personally.

Where I'm at, like I said, it only gets below freezing at night. We do have nasty fog durning the winter though (40F(5C) and 100% humidity sucks) and it breaks 120F(49C) in the summer.

Even when it's more like -10F, it's pretty bad. I used to bicycle into school when I was in college year round, and I have this distinct memory of my eyes tearing up from the cold and the tears freezing to the side of my face. It's not particularly pleasent.

Nite_Hawk

Ideal temperature for me: 13-17C for when I am sitting still, -10 to 0 when I am more active. Most people tend to be rather shocked at how cold I like to have it - I have been known to walk around outdoors in just T-shirt/jeans in -10 and not being bothered by the cold.

Today was densly foggy day, even afternoon was bad and it is going to be worse in evening. And it was so cold, I went out to the market on bike and I was shivering. :smile:

During summer I like 20°C and 17-18°C at night, while at the moment I feel like freezing even at 24°C room temperature. Oh well, I got a bad cold, but i generally like to add 2-3°C in winter. If only this stupid electric heating would work...

Xmas said:
During summer I like 20°C and 17-18°C at night, while at the moment I feel like freezing even at 24°C room temperature. Oh well, I got a bad cold, but i generally like to add 2-3°C in winter. If only this stupid electric heating would work...

Being sick really can throw off your comfort zone. But hey, all electrical appliances make heat, so just turn on more computers.

Ah, blast these notebooks... a single light bulb sucks more energy. :devilish:

But it certainly would help if those weird brits didn't build houses with cardboard walls, hilariously drafty doors, cheap wooden window frames and single glazing (WTF?? Does time slow down when you're driving on the left side of the road? Which century is that again?), and at the same time charge a rent as if you were living in a royal palace.

Back