What's a comfortable Temperature?

As I sit at my desk at work where I'm sandwiched between the vent and the intake, I'm wondering what everyone thinks is a good room temp? The air coming out of the "heater" is 66f/19c. Personally I'm freezing, and since this is the 'hot' air as far as the building is concerned, the colder it gets, the more air it pushes into my room.

the maddman said:
As I sit at my desk at work where I'm sandwiched between the vent and the intake, I'm wondering what everyone thinks is a good room temp? The air coming out of the "heater" is 66f/19c. Personally I'm freezing, and since this is the 'hot' air as far as the building is concerned, the colder it gets, the more air it pushes into my room.

We keep our house at 60f at night and 66f when we are home. 60f is fine when sleeping under lots of covers. 66f gets to be kind of cold when not doing anything physically exerting (like computing). I normally like it to be about 70f.

Nite_Hawk

Nite_Hawk said:
We keep our house at 60f at night and 66f when we are home. 60f is fine when sleeping under lots of covers. 66f gets to be kind of cold when not doing anything physically exerting (like computing). I normally like it to be about 70f.

Nite_Hawk

For my home, it's 68f at night and 72f durning the day, but mine's two story with the thermostat upstairs. It's a really balancing act trying to keep the rooms away from the thermostat anywhere close in temp.

And looking at location, I think we might be used to slightly different temps.

digitalwanderer said:
Comfortable temperature with clothes or without? :-|

Well, I'm talking about at work where you're stuck at a desk. But hell, you can give your opinion however you want as long as there are NO PICTURES. :)

the maddman said:
For my home, it's 68f at night and 72f durning the day, but mine's two story with the thermostat upstairs. It's a really balancing act trying to keep the rooms away from the thermostat anywhere close in temp.

And looking at location, I think we might be used to slightly different temps.

Actually I should explain my answer. This is during the winter. :) During the summer to save on energy costs I'd say our upstairs hovers around 80-90f before we turn on the air. 80f on the main floor is reasonable, but somewhat uncomfortable if you are doing anything exerting (especially after getting used to 66f all winter!).

Nite_Hawk

Nite_Hawk said:
Actually I should explain my answer. This is during the winter. :) During the summer to save on energy costs I'd say our upstairs hovers around 80-90f before we turn on the air. 80f on the main floor is reasonable, but somewhat uncomfortable if you are doing anything exerting (especially after getting used to 66f all winter!).

Nite_Hawk

Yeah, I'm talking winter too. Our winter isn't nearly as cold though. I know I don't tolerate cold temps very well, I'm much more comfortable at 80f than at 65f. I'm sure 66f feels nice and warm after stepping outside any for you. It rarely freezes here.

(Also, please excuse my poor grammar. Sheesh what was I thinking when I typed "It's a really balancing act?")

I think I read a study that said that ideal temperature for one's wellbeing is 18C at night and 20C at day. Personally I like it at 22-23C though.

Humus said:
I think I read a study that said that ideal temperature for one's wellbeing is 18C at night and 20C at day. Personally I like it at 22-23C though.
Translation: 64.4F night and 68F at night.

the maddman said:
Well, I'm talking about at work where you're stuck at a desk. But hell, you can give your opinion however you want as long as there are NO PICTURES. :)
This thread sucks without pictures ......... Oh, what the hell am i saying. nevermind. lol

epic

Humus said:

Brrr. 20C is to cold for me, 23-24C sounds a lot better.

I think he meant 20,000.

Anyway I just love winters, except that when I have to take shower. :smile: Currently it is ~20C max and 4C min, and I am just loving it, though it is getting slightly foggy now.

Then you stil get hot and cold winters but they are just really dry. :)

You have the temps set right, what kind of clothes do you wear throughout the day? Long sleeve and pants I imagine, maybe a sweater would help. Something that really helps at night time is fleece pajamas. Keeps me really warm.

Back