What sould I buy? Ps4 vs Xbox One S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,

I don't really know what I should buy. Ps4 or Xbox One S (release date 08/2016): both 500 gb for 300 euro.
What would you choose and why?
I appreciate your advice.
Thnx:)

Buy the console that have the exclusives games you want the most. Only the 2TB slim at $400 is available on august.

Look at the games And services you prefer then make your choice. Hardware in itself does not matter much.
Sure multiplats are generally better on ps4 but unless you have both side by side you'll never notice

If you do not own a 4K TV (or a planning to buy soon), Xbox One S doesn't offer anything over Xbox One. I would recommend checking Xbox One sales. You might be able to save up to 100€.

If you want to play both PS4 and Xbox One games, it would likely be the right choice to buy PS4 now and Xbox Scorpio next year. Scorpio is roughly 4x as powerful than Xbox One.

Look at the games And services you prefer then make your choice. Hardware in itself does not matter much.
Sure multiplats are generally better on ps4 but unless you have both side by side you'll never notice
Thank you. But I red that xbox one will have a good hdr. Wont that make a big difference?

You should also check exclusives you are really interested in, for exemple, Horizon Zero Dawn looks very appealing to me, so I'd naturally lean to a PS4.
(And it's also the fastest "special" desktop PC console on the market atm.)

Thank you. But I red that xbox one will have a good hdr. Wont that make a big difference?
Quote: "Microsoft also specified last week that HDR would only be available with supported games and TVs."

Xbox One S and Xbox Scorpio will support HDR UHD (4K) output. You need a HDR UHD TV to see the HDR image. A standard 1080p TV or a 4K TV without HDR isn't enough. HDR output also needs support from the game. Only time will tell how many games are patched to support HDR output.

If you already own a 4K HDR TV (or have plans to buy one soon) then I recommend Xbox One S. If not, then save money and get Xbox One. Both play exactly the same games and the image looks exactly the same on a standard 1080p TV.

Quote: "Microsoft also specified last week that HDR would only be available with supported games and TVs."

Xbox One S and Xbox Scorpio will support HDR UHD (4K) output. You need a HDR UHD TV to see the HDR image. A standard 1080p TV or a 4K TV without HDR isn't enough. HDR output also needs support from the game. Only time will tell how many games are patched to support HDR output.

If you already own a 4K HDR TV (or have plans to buy one soon) then I recommend Xbox One S. If not, then save money and get Xbox One. Both play exactly the same games and the image looks exactly the same on a standard 1080p TV.
Thank you for your excellent technical explenation.

Like Sebbi said above, the Xbox One S can display HDR content, but there is no guarantee that you can get HDR content or a lot of it.

HDR is the new standard for UHD TV's and comes in 2 general forms: An HDR compatible UHD TV and UHD Premium. To get the proper benefits of HDR you will need to invest in a UHD Premium TV which currently start arod £1000 in the UK. You can get a standard UHD TV with HDR but there is no guarantee that the HDR in that set is at a decent level.

In short, unless you intend buying a UHD with HDR or a UHD Premium TV or have one, then I wouldn't even consider an Xbox One S unless you prefer the exclusive games on it.

Also the One S being released at some point in August is the 2TB $399 version; we are not sure when the cheapest 500Gb $299 version will be released, but I reckon it will be October/November at the earliest.

Like Sebbi said above, the Xbox One S can display HDR content, but there is no guarantee that you can get HDR content or a lot of it.

HDR is the new standard for UHD TV's and comes in 2 general forms: An HDR compatible UHD TV and UHD Premium. To get the proper benefits of HDR you will need to invest in a UHD Premium TV which currently start arod £1000 in the UK. You can get a standard UHD TV with HDR but there is no guarantee that the HDR in that set is at a decent level.

In short, unless you intend buying a UHD with HDR or a UHD Premium TV or have one, then I wouldn't even consider an Xbox One S unless you prefer the exclusive games on it.

Also the One S being released at some point in August is the 2TB $399 version; we are not sure when the cheapest 500Gb $299 version will be released, but I reckon it will be October/November at the earliest.
Thnx for the great advice. I'm not planning to buy a new tv just to see the HDR effect. I can conclude that xbox one S will only have an added value if my tv and the game will support this option.
My decission will be much easier to take now.
Thank you

Thnx for the great advice. I'm not planning to buy a new tv just to see the HDR effect. I can conclude that xbox one S will only have an added value if my tv and the game will support this option.
My decission will be much easier to take now.
Thank you
yea, when buying a 4k tv make sure that it supports hdr from now on. If you have a 4k tv without hdr it could still be worth it.

Xbox slim, has other benefits where millage varies depending on person, size, new controller which also has Bluetooth, 4k media both streaming and disk support also supports hdr but not required.
if none of those all together isn't a reason to wait to buy the 500gb version, then there should be some really good deals on xo fat due to the slims imminent arrival.

only mentioning this as you never said if you had 1080p or a 4k tv, and may think without hdr its not worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back