What names will you look forward to most next gen?

What franchise will you look forward to most next gen?

• XenoSaga

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Halo

• Dead or Alive

• Tekken

• Virtua Fighter

• Resident Evil

• Silent Hill

• Project Gotham

• Grand Turismo

• Total voters

chrisrt2

Newcomer
Out of these games what are you going to be most excited about this coming gen? Also, if not on the list please give us you're personal favorite.

A massively online version of GTA but in it's absence from the poll, I chose RE so I can crap myself next-gen stylee! :p

StarFox said:
Apparently two small franchises you've never heard of, Mario and Zelda :D

Roger that! Lets not forget Samus and a little franchise called "Metroid". Also no BF2, Sports games? For shame! ;) Gotta agree with the PD nomination also.

XenoSaga for sure!
I just pre-ordered Xenosaga2
Having completed the import last year, I recommend all RPG fans to wait for reviews on this side of the pond before making any decision. And Gamefaqs reviews tend to be done by fans, so will be biased.

To keep things short, Xenosaga2 is:

(a) half-complete rubbish product

(b) crippled combat system. Techniques are useless compared to combos, so why don't the dev team just ditch the pretty but worthless eye-candy and focus resources on correcting (a) instead.

(c) Retarded G-campaign system. Sounds good in PR, garbage in implementation. After x events talk to 30 NPCs distributed over 10 locations to figure out which 10 has new quests. After y events talk to 60 NPCs(including previous 30) distributed over 15 locations(including previous 5) to find which 5 more has new quests. After z events talk to 90 NPCs(including previous 60) distributed over 25 locations(including previous 15) to find out which 10 more has new quests. It goes on and on, and there is no indication of when new quests are available, so the player makes a guess and hopes that all the running around talking to the same !@#$ 90 NPCs in the same !@#$ 25 locations again isn't in vain. Oh, and quite a number of the brain-dead quests are the 'find this thing/person somewhere in the world' variety, and said 'thing/person' only materializes after said quest is received. So player will be running around talking to the same *&^% 90 NPCs in the same *&^% 25 locations again and again.

Zelda, Mario, Metroid, Resident Evil (if it doesn't revert to a pre RE4 state) and last but by no means least Pro Evolution Soccer.

to no one in particular: ...are you kidding me...RESIDENT EVIL. After RE4 just totally re-invigorated the franchise, I that is the one i am most looking forward to seeing on nextgen platforms Revolution and PS3.

Fellaz!! Disappointed!! Chronotrigger... not this reworked nonsense with Cronosoupcanninja, and Cronoclowncarofdoom, Cronocrashteamracingsyndicate, or Cronobreak. I would like to see the original team doing an actual sequel with actual continuity (no convoluted crazy-ass story that doesn't make any sense). Samething goes for Xenogears.... That game was God-like, and then everybody went to Namco and lost their damned minds. Xenosaga isn't bad, but come on! Xenogears runs really close to being one of the best GAMES of all time, not even "just" best RPG. Ticked me off because we have Xenogears, which is part four of six of the story by the way, and now the people who own the right to future "Xeno" properties having no intention of ever finishing the story the way it was originally written (which is faaaar better than Xenosaga).

Anyway, that's my rant for now...

I want Chronotrigger and XenoGears redone by the original crews.

Later

Iridius Dio

actually, I'm looking forward to Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes first :p

all those characters onscreen @ 30 fps constant is pretty nice.

Personally I would say,

first and foremost, a next gen PSO. If Sonic team ever develops a next gen PSO MMORPG, no matter what console its for, they`ll have my money on day one.

GTA. Didn't like san andreas so much. I felt it was too similar to GTA3 and vice city. But I'm pretty sure a next gen GTA will be amazing.

- Metroid

- Zelda

Two franchises that are kicking so much ass this gen I'm sure next gen will be no different.

passerby said:
XenoSaga for sure!
I just pre-ordered Xenosaga2
Having completed the import last year, I recommend all RPG fans to wait for reviews on this side of the pond before making any decision. And Gamefaqs reviews tend to be done by fans, so will be biased.

To keep things short, Xenosaga2 is:

(a) half-complete rubbish product

(b) crippled combat system. Techniques are useless compared to combos, so why don't the dev team just ditch the pretty but worthless eye-candy and focus resources on correcting (a) instead.

(c) Retarded G-campaign system. Sounds good in PR, garbage in implementation. After x events talk to 30 NPCs distributed over 10 locations to figure out which 10 has new quests. After y events talk to 60 NPCs(including previous 30) distributed over 15 locations(including previous 5) to find which 5 more has new quests. After z events talk to 90 NPCs(including previous 60) distributed over 25 locations(including previous 15) to find out which 10 more has new quests. It goes on and on, and there is no indication of when new quests are available, so the player makes a guess and hopes that all the running around talking to the same !@#$ 90 NPCs in the same !@#$ 25 locations again isn't in vain. Oh, and quite a number of the brain-dead quests are the 'find this thing/person somewhere in the world' variety, and said 'thing/person' only materializes after said quest is received. So player will be running around talking to the same *&^% 90 NPCs in the same *&^% 25 locations again and again.

Thanks for the heads-up but that won’t change a thing for me as its one of those things I have to have no matter if it went from the pure bliss of #1 to a pile of flamin' **** in #2... I'm sold on the series.

Back