What is the easiest and cheapest way to patent an idea/design?

RudeCurve

Banned
Do I have to word an idea or patent a specific way? I've noticed that the wording on many patents sound really weird, is that because it was written by a professional patent writer?

I've got an idea/design that I want to patent but I don't want to have to pay hundreds of dollars for the application and/or fees.:???:

You have to pay the fees, there is no way around that. You can write your own patent, it doesn't have to be done by patent lawyers. You have to do background study on similar stuffs.

Also you have to make sure you have lots of money to pay for lawyers in case someone infringes on your patent. If you can't pay the lawyers or can't win, you might as well keep it as trade secret.

Do I have to word an idea or patent a specific way? I've noticed that the wording on many patents sound really weird, is that because it was written by a professional patent writer?

I've got an idea/design that I want to patent but I don't want to have to pay hundreds of dollars for the application and/or fees.:???:

You can always do the initial filing yourself which won't cost a lot. That will give you about a year in which you have time to do updates etc to the application and to perhaps find someone who may be interested in whatever you have invented.

Eventually you will have to pay for examination fees etc though, unless you abandon the application.

Back