What fps increase I can expect?

Matas said:
So I get mine Corsair Twinx2048-3200C2, but when I installed them mine motherboard DFI LanParty Ultra-D detected 3.0-3-3-8 timings.
In know that I must manually set ram voltage to 2.75 and then memory will be able to run at 2.0-3-3-6 timings. Please help me to do that.

Can't you set the timings manually? Changing the voltage is unlikely to influence what the board detects.

Matas said:
I don't know exactly how to change voltage and timings in BIOS.

Just look for it, it's very easy. Usually called "DRAM Timing" and set to "Auto". Change it to "Manual" and the grayed-out options will now be accessible. The voltage is mostly there as DRAM Voltage or such, just go there and play around (cautiously, of course).

Most boards auto-detect wrong timings, changing the voltage is probably unnecessary and won't do anything except shorten the life of your RAM.

Matas said:
What fps increase I can expect in games running from 2x512Mb 333Mhz CL 2.5(not dual channel memory) to 2x512Mb 400Mhz CL 2.0(dual channel memory) on mine Athlon 64 X2 3800+? Thanks in advanced.
If I remember correctly, Athlon 64's on-die memory controller makes its performance relatively independent of the memory used. So I wouldn't expect much of a change at all.

I found "DRAM voltage control" but I can't set to 2.75v. The options let me to set to 2.7v or 2.8v. What to do?

Try 2.7V first, if it's not stable then try 2.8V. I suspect that the memory chips on your module is not that fond of voltage, but to force it to run tight timings it needs to be pushed.
Make sure that your motherboard is correctly connected to the PSU.

maaoouud said:
Try 2.7V first, if it's not stable then try 2.8V. I suspect that the memory chips on your module is not that fond of voltage, but to force it to run tight timings it needs to be pushed.
Make sure that your motherboard is correctly connected to the PSU.

Is it impossible to set to 2.75v?

If you want to test the stability of your RAM I'd highly recommend using Memtest86 to give it a through checkout. If you fail even one test then you need to loosen timings. It's quite possible to think you have stable memory but only a thorough test like this will confirm it.

I set voltage to 2.7v and timings to 2.0-3-3-6. Windows loaded without problems.
So, now I need to run memtest to know if my memory is stable?

Matas said:
I set voltage to 2.7v and timings to 2.0-3-3-6. Windows loaded without problems.
So, now I need to run memtest to know if my memory is stable?

It's possible to memory to be slightly unstable so it'll sometimes work yet cause intermittent problems. memtest86 is a far more thorough then booting windows or even running benchmarks/tests in windows.

Run it overnight or when you're gone for the day and see if it picks up any problems.

Random reboots is often a sign of memory issues in my experience, btw, so you can use that as a sign of possible instability related to the memory.

Back