Well I just ordered an Xbox 360 :p

I wonder if there will be a shortage at all. I'm getting PS2 launch flashbacks with the artificial shortages situation. I remember PS2 bundles would magically show up on websites for about an hour until they sold them out then the same thing would happen again 3 days later.

xbdestroya said:
Alright guys, what do you think the best eBay strategy is? Sell your pre-order before the 22nd, the 22nd itself, 'black Friday,' post-black Friday madness, or right before Christmas?

Any input and reasoning appreciated! ;)

Make the auction end on black Friday. That seems like the best plan.

Why not? Hell I hate Sony but I'd still probably buy PS3 if the situation was reversed.

What I dont like is bad hardware. That's why I never bought a PS2. But PS3 doesn't seem to have that problem.

They dont know the value of a dollar really, paying upwards to 900 dollars for a console where in a few months it will be all over the place. I even heard of people buying their xbox 360's today from Wallmart.com and having the shipped status. Anyways, I never buy any console when it just comes out anyways.

Bill said:
Why not? Hell I hate Sony but I'd still probably buy PS3 if the situation was reversed.

What I dont like is bad hardware. That's why I never bought a PS2. But PS3 doesn't seem to have that problem.

Eh? How can you say that seeing as PS3 isn't even out yet, and we'd need several months of sales without any major defect reports to know this for sure anyways?

I wouldn't buy anything Sony made anyways, thier business practices suck ass (ie. rootkit) and thier attitudes towards consumer rights are pretty alarming...

You buy console hardware to play games, not to discuss the architecture unless you are a harware engineer or software developer involved with the system. Does it matter one hardware is not as elegant as the other? It won't affect your work life or cause you any stress and sleepless nights. All you have to do is go to the local game shop and put down your hard cash to play GAMES on it.

Anything else really is silly. I mean there is brand loyalty but now "architectural design loyalty" too? :LOL:

Edit: let me just add that you can discuss a good architecture vs a bad architecture and own all or none consoles. It does not affect the reason why you buy a system other than to play GAMES on it. If the GAMES dont interest you then dont buy it. To not buy a console because you think it should have had UMA rather than NUMA or something similar is stupid.

Last edited by a moderator:
"To not buy a console because you think it should have had UMA rather than NUMA or something similar is stupid."

:LOL:

Back