Weird IE download behavior...

Tahir said:
Try there, 3 different mirrors.

Hehe, thanks man! Mirror #2 served up the file at pretty good speed (130+ k/s). I tried tucows, after having been told by a friend they have "everything" there. Of course, they had everything but THIS particular file. :D

And what good are mouse gestures for anyway? I just don't see the point.

Guden Oden said:
And what good are mouse gestures for anyway? I just don't see the point.
Seriously, once you are used to them you won't know how you lived without them. It's like when you get your first mouse with a middle scroll wheel and you think, "Why didn't I buy one earlier"...

I find Getright to be an exemplary download manager :)

I've periodically tried various iterations of Mozilla & Opera but so far have gone back to IE.
I'll keep trying till I get a better browser too. (next thread I plan to read is the Opera 7.5 thread)
But IE actually seems to be the more stable browser for what I do :oops:

I browse with multiple windows open on my 56k connection.
Fairly often 20 or more when downloading screenshots etc but normally 3 or 4 (read 1 while the others load)

Why would I want tabs?
Its just another bit of screen hogging bloat & a duplication of the functionality of the task bar.

PS: I'm scared of mouse gestures :oops:

arrrse said:
Why would I want tabs?
Its just another bit of screen hogging bloat & a duplication of the functionality of the task bar.
Actually, it's less bloat since you are not spawning numerous full instances of the browser, just the windows. They also keep your task bar free for applications, and not windows. For instance, if you use an image editor, do you spawn a separate instance for every image you want open? No, it doesn't make sense. So why do it with a browser when you have multiple websites open?

Back