Weird first chance exceptions with STL vectors in C++

Ingenu said:
On a side note digitalmars "D" language is rather cute, compiler available, dunno about speed though.
Have you tried it? I'm curious to know what others think of it.

I've generally stuck with C (never really got in to C++) but am interested in something that'd be an improvement and would be portable. Since there appears to be a front end for gcc, that would be a possibility with "D".

Simon F said:
Have you tried it? I'm curious to know what others think of it.

I've generally stuck with C (never really got in to C++) but am interested in something that'd be an improvement and would be portable. Since there appears to be a front end for gcc, that would be a possibility with "D".

It's on my TODO list ^^
Sofar I've only done basic "hello world" things, but I plan on porting some of my basic utility class to D to become more familiar with it.
The digitalmars website have a page comparing D to other languages such as C, C++, JAVA and C#, rather interesting.

Simon F said:

have you tried objectiveC? nice interoperability with c and c++ (latter aka objectiveC++), full-blown gcc frontend, kick-ass IDE and toos under osx, industry acceptance dating back to os/2 and neXT.

Back