Weekly Diamond: PS3 May Have Less Frequent Games!?!

Axsider was king of the winks this Spring. While I can't remember details, he was one of the few right about some of the Sony news at E3 this year. He mentioned a number of things, and no one took him seriously, here or at GAF. He got banned at GAF, then E3 came around and everyone wanted him to post again, since every other rumor ended up being garbage. You are wise to be skeptical, but IMO, I'd like to hear of any other rumblings in Sony. I think some other reliable sources at GAF once mentioned that he's legit too, but that could just be a case of the blind leading the blind. PEACE.

I don't mind hearing rumors and stuff -- its always fun even if they don't turn out to be true; I'm just a bit skeptical because I haven't really heard anything substantial being said. All I've seen is a lot of ambiguity. ;)

mckmas8808 said:
He was right about some E3 Sony news before Sony even announced anything. And we all know how tight lipped Sony was before E3.
You mean like the Mistwalker PS3 title?
Hinting that the PS3 wouldn't be called PS"3"?

He was right about some things, KillZone "3" (of course KZ2 should be out now by his theory), etc. My theory, "Throw enough shit..." :)

I seem to recall that Axsider was one of the few insiders who hasn't lost all credibility.

Though it's not like it's hard to predict that Sony has some killer games under wraps.

e305_sony_press_09.jpg

page8lp.jpg

SCC is the southbridge? ;)

tema said:
SCC is the southbridge? ;)
SCC belongs to Toshiba's competitive strategy as an consumer electronics manufacturer. It's one of key components of its own CE appliance devkit. Toshiba builds their home server products and other appliances based on this part, so it's very unlikely that Sony, one of Toshiba's competitor in the AV appliances market, adopts SCC in their own product. Sony/Toshiba/IBM co-developed Cell and its hypervisor, but other parts including Linux OS and toolchain (except for GNU tools in IBM's simulator) are separately developed by each party.

Axsider said:
Gran Turismo 2000 (2.5)
ps2demo_4.jpg
That pic is NOT GT2000

That was from the PS2 GT tech demo.Which wasnt as good looking as this pic either.

GT2000 is this though:

fngt2nk11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
wco81 said:
What is SCE WWS?

Some internal Sony team in Japan?

What is in their portfolio? Parappa?

Established on September 1, 2005, Sony Computer Entertainment's worldwide-organized operating entity is the collaboration of SCE game studio operations from around the world, including Japan (SCEJ), North America (SCEA), Europe (SCEE) and Korea (SCEK). The bound company is officially presided over by a single head, former SCEE VP Phil Harrison being the first president of SCE WWS. Other SCE companies still exist in name and operation for the purposes of regional business, while the game development studios of all regions have been combined into this one single, global SCE studio.

SCE WWS was established in order to focus more closely on concentrated development for the worldwide market, with new entertainment experiences and cutting-edge technical breakthroughs for PlayStation consoles and handhelds. Region-oriented games will still be developed at SCE WWS, but the goal in merging the company is to better focus on games that will captivate gamers all across the world

http://www.gamestats.com/objects/772/772774.html

Why are people surprised by this? This is ike me posting a link to an article about how large the 360 power unit it. This is like the 4th or 5th article saying this exact same thing, big surprise.

c0_re said:
Why are people surprised by this? This is ike me posting a link to an article about how large the 360 power unit it. This is like the 4th or 5th article saying this exact same thing, big surprise.

Because there is no viable proof that this will happen. Lets just wait until Feburary a see the game announcement list. And then lets compare that list to what MS has for their 360.

Back