waxing vs sugaring (hair removal for those sensitive spots)

I'm no expert, but if I remember correctly, hair develops from the cells of the hair bulb, which divide rapidly. The cells of the hair bulb move upward as new cells begin to form beneath them. As these cells move higher, they are cut off from their supply of nourishment and start to form a hard protein called keratin. The formation of keratin is called keratinisation, and the hair cells die as it occurs.
Thank you Google!

Guden Oden said:
I don't really, but I like to be as scientifically correct as possible. Hair is dead tissue and the root doesn't know wether the tip's been cut off or not. That's just the way things are.

No, you're just playing God like you usually do. Only this time you have no "scientific reasoning" to fall back on.

This, as many other things about ourselves is decided by our genetic makeup. The hair grows to a certain (total, in case it is severed) length and then falls out.

Depends on what kind of hair.

Head hair stops growing too. I let mine grow unhindered for years, it never reached past my nipples or so.

No it doesn't stop. It never reached past your nipples because hair breaks off. My mum and most Afro-Caribbean people cannot grow long hair not because it "stops growing" but because the structure of the hair does not lend itself to being long. It's just too curly, wavey, thick and dry to be able to "survive" being long. It doesn't stop growing.

But no matter wether it's "supposed" to be there or not, it still doesn't know it's been cut, so how could it react to being cut and grow back thicker? It just keeps growing regardless until it's grown fully. Then it is shed and a new hair is generated.

GO, chest hair STOPS growing. So, cut your chest hair. You will not "tell" the root that the hair has been cut off, therefore by your reasoning those hairs should just stay like that since chest hair stops growing.
So why is it that after you cut it, hair starts growing again and stops after a certain point? You never stimulated the root, so how does the root "know" that it needs to start growing again, to stop until it reaches a predetermined length?...
If THAT happens, then how is it so hard so imagine that MAYBE, just MAYBE the hair grows thicker too?
As you say, how could it know that it's been cut and grow back thicker? And i say: HOW COULD IT KNOW IT'S BEEN CUT OFF AND GROW BACK AT ALL?

Let me start and finish this thread.

Being gay is wrong in nature.
Gay's will burn in hell.
Bush lied about Iraq.

Is that all? :LOL:

K.I.L.E.R said:
Let me start and finish this thread.

Being gay is wrong in nature.
Gay's will burn in hell.
Bush lied about Iraq.

Is that all? :LOL:

Saddam got waxed. Everywhere. It's a new form of torture.

london-boy said:
Also, there is a cream u can buy which needs to be used 2ice a week for 2 weeks (then u discontinue) which will virtually stop hair regrowth after u wax or shave. Trying it now, will let u know if it really works in about 2 weeks time :LOL: ;)
whatever happened to that cream? it's been a week and a hafl, let's see some pics of how hairy you are ;)

Sage said:
london-boy said:
Also, there is a cream u can buy which needs to be used 2ice a week for 2 weeks (then u discontinue) which will virtually stop hair regrowth after u wax or shave. Trying it now, will let u know if it really works in about 2 weeks time :LOL: ;)
whatever happened to that cream? it's been a week and a hafl, let's see some pics of how hairy you are ;)

LOL u remembered!!

Well, the cream was crap, it stinks (literally), lets your skin feel all sticky, it's expensive and it might slow hair regrowth down (MAYBE) but it's just not practical.

well what was the name of it? we need to know what it is so we can stay away from it!

Sage said:
well what was the name of it? we need to know what it is so we can stay away from it!

"Surgi-hair stop" or something like that. There's a whole range of products though, so u might want to check on the internet...

london-boy said:
"Surgi-hair stop" or something like that. There's a whole range of products though, so u might want to check on the internet...
ok, good, I'm thinking about trying this "Kalo" stuff...
http://www.kalo-hair-removal.com/html/products/kalo_spray.htm

By the way, I tried waxing my chest today with this "Sally Hansen" stuff that my mom picked up for me, knowing i was thinking about trying waxing... well did you notice i said *tried*? That was a good 10 hours ago and my chest is still red and bumpy. That stuff hurt like hell and didnt even work that great.

from the link said:
Once you've reached puberty, chances are you have hair somewhere on your body that you don't want.

Amen, brother, amen. :LOL:

Weird site though, at the bottom is an ad for a "therapy" to make your hair grow again. Obviously they're trying to let you lose your hair and then sell it back to you! :LOL:

Sage said:
london-boy said:
ok, good, I'm thinking about trying this "Kalo" stuff...
http://www.kalo-hair-removal.com/html/products/kalo_spray.htm

By the way, I tried waxing my chest today with this "Sally Hansen" stuff that my mom picked up for me, knowing i was thinking about trying waxing... well did you notice i said *tried*? That was a good 10 hours ago and my chest is still red and bumpy. That stuff hurt like hell and didnt even work that great.

Whats it like? was it pre-made strips?

The stuff i buy is the sugaring bowl thing from Body Shop, with separate cotton stripy things...

Anything else is useless for us bois.

And yeah, the first time is always a bit painful, but it shouldn't be THAT painful... maybe the stuff ur mum bought is just crap, after all she would get something suitable for womens legs or something like that. Which we should know is just not enough for us twinkies.

london-boy said:
Whats it like? was it pre-made strips?

The stuff i buy is the sugaring bowl thing from Body Shop, with separate cotton stripy things...

Anything else is useless for us bois.

And yeah, the first time is always a bit painful, but it shouldn't be THAT painful... maybe the stuff ur mum bought is just crap, after all she would get something suitable for womens legs or something like that. Which we should know is just not enough for us twinkies.
yeah, it's premade strips. supposedly for legs,bikiny, body but it sucked. she's never waxed and knows nothing about it. I'm definitely trying sugaring next.

What about that hair removing foam you see on the late night infomercials? You know, the kind that basically dissolves the hair (and probably the top 3 or 4 layers of skin with it)?

Crusher said:
What about that hair removing foam you see on the late night infomercials? You know, the kind that basically dissolves the hair (and probably the top 3 or 4 layers of skin with it)?

well, that basically burns the hair, which is the same as cutting it because the root is "still in there" even if u're smooth...

and yeah, tried it, skin got all red, freaked out, never tried it again...

Sugaring vs. Waxing Big Difference!!!!

Sugaring is better than waxing because sugaring is all natural, it has water,lemon and sugar and it goes with the direction when the sugar is being extracted with the hair,therefore it pulls it out with the bulb and less pain because waxing you pull AGAINST the opposite way your hair grows which causes breakage,ingrown hair,and very painful as the wax is being pulled with the hair. Waxing you can only go one time over the skin you just waxed, if you do it again,you are pulling the layer of skin off which will cause a burn mark or a burning sensation after wards. As for the Sugar,you can go over the skin as much as you want and at room temperature it will never burn your skin. This method of Sugaring has been around as far back as 1900BC in the ancient times in Egypt and Greece. I tried doing a wax Brazilian on myself,THAT was extremely painful.As for the Sugaring experience doing a Brazilian I done it with a breeze, only the first time it was like tearing a band aid off your skin,there after the skin starts toughening up that the next time you sugar it doesn't hurt.That right there I definatly will vouch for because I tested it myself to see if it did hurt as bad as waxing.Hands down to Sugaring that's the best method ever.
Oh and it last longer than waxing.:D

Back