Watch Dogs: Legion [PS4, PS5, XO, XBSX|S, PC]

Yeah reflections are good of course with RT but for lighting it looks like they're adding a single sky source light that gets a ray traced pass over their existing lighting system. Very meh. Worth it for reflections but I'd hope you can turn off any attempt at lighting.

Interesting comment by @Dictator over at Era.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/watch-dogs-legion-xbox-series-x-inside-look.316243/post-49905049
It most definitely will not be maxed settings as found on PC (maxed settings on PC bring a 3090 at 4K into the 20s really often) - and I am not sure if that 4K Ubisoft says actually means 4K native.

I think PS5/XBSX owners should temper their expectations on everything running at native 4K w/RT, even at 30fps. Next-generation games are going to be taxing on these $500 boxes, hell, even a $1400 dollar card is going to cry once in awhile.

Interesting comment by @Dictator over at Era.

https://www.resetera.com/threads/watch-dogs-legion-xbox-series-x-inside-look.316243/post-49905049

I think PS5/XBSX owners should temper their expectations on everything running at native 4K w/RT, even at 30fps. Next-generation games are going to be taxing on these $500 boxes, hell, even a $1400 dollar card is going to cry once in awhile.

For one, I’m *very* happy that it’s not native 4K. Let them push eye candy instead of native 4K.

it looks pretty good, but draw distance is likely no match for ultra settings here. Which impacts both lighting and reflection distance.

But it's certainly an incredible looking game... that is definitely cross gen.

Last edited:
For one, I’m *very* happy that it’s not native 4K. Let them push eye candy instead of native 4K.

While I do love gaming at native 4K with supersampling (DSR) on the PC, I don't mind console gaming with prettier pixels over native 4K. CBR and dynamic resolution within the console gaming space should be welcomed, not disregarded or hated.

*COMPLETE* Maintenance for Hotfix Patch, October 28 (Xbox & PS4) & October 30 (PC)
Update: The hotfix is now live on PC!

Watch Dogs: Legion is starting to be available around the world and we are seeing a lot of players jumping in, recruiting members for their own DedSec resistance in our near-future London. We are excited to finally be able to share the game with you and we want to thank you all for your support, the amazing fan art we’re seeing on social media, and the feedback you’re sharing with us.

Based on feedback, we’re deploying a hotfix to address the performance issues we’re seeing on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, and PC. This hotfix has already been deployed on PS4 and Xbox, and it is coming to PC on Friday, October 30th. We will continue monitoring your feedback in the meantime to respond accordingly.

Patch Notes: 

• Global performance improvements on PS4 for smoother gameplay/driving
  • Made several improvements to PC performance
  • Optimized performance to improve framerates for RTX GPUs
  • Fixed an issue that caused framerate drops to occur when characters walk through checkpoints
  • Improved the framerate performance when driving
  • Fixed a freeze when switching input controllers on PC
  • Fixed sporadic crashes on PS4
  • Fixed sporadic crashes on Xbox One/S
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when launched on a console set to TURKISH, INDONESIAN, GREEK, ROMANIAN, HUNGARIAN, VIETNAMESE or THAI languages
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash on Xbox One X when selecting a certain option in the Into the Void mission
  • Fixed an issue that could cause the game to crash when browsing through the Premium Shop tabs on Xbox One

We’re also seeing players on PC experiencing crashes when playing on an outdated Windows version. We recommend updating your OS to updates 1903 or 1909 at the minimum, and strongly suggest having the latest OS system version installed when running the game. 

We will update this thread with the exact maintenance timings as soon as they are confirmed. 

//The Watch Dogs: Legion team

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthre...October-28-(Xbox-amp-PS4)-amp-October-30-(PC)

it looks pretty good, but draw distance is likely no match for ultra settings here. Which impacts both lighting and reflection distance.

But it's certainly an incredible looking game... that is definitely cross gen.
Yes, RT looks great, but it's basically a game with Pro / XBX higher res assets + RT.

Watch Dogs: Legion running on the XSX with RT @4K30:
Yes, it's far from 4K. A 1mn 11, it's very easy to pixel count the image (on the right). I found around 1440p native.

YD3aGVK.png

uOFTFRv.png

Last edited:
Isn't that because the youtube video is only 1440p? Or am I confusing my source videos?

No I used the 2160p video. I included the 4K pic in my post. And the usual aliasing is very obvious.

This is logic from what @Dictator knows of the PC version.

I will at least be doing an XSX and PC comp - not sure if I will get a ps5 in time.

It most definitely will not be maxed settings as found on PC (maxed settings on PC bring a 3090 at 4K into the 20s really often) - and I am not sure if that 4K Ubisoft says actually means 4K native.

Yes, it's far from 4K. A 1mn 11, it's very easy to pixel count the image (on the right). I found around 1440p native.

YD3aGVK.png

uOFTFRv.png
Thanks to @chris1515 for linking me this thread. I counted another frame here later in the Trailer and got a 7/10 count, so slightly above 1440p once. So Yeah, "4K"
Temporal upsampling +DRS is really nice and all, but Yeah, Marketing is going to be playing it fast and loose with calling games 4K when really... They are not 4K in that strickt sense.

But hey! This is good news - as it means pigs do not fly and the GPUs here are performing like they should. It turns out ray tracing is expensive when you do it in a through way? Who woulda thunk it?

Last edited:
Thanks to @chris1515 for linking me this thread. I counted another frame here later in the Trailer and got a 7/10 count, so slightly above 1440p once. So Yeah, "4K"
Temporal upsampling +DRS is really nice and all, but Yeah, Marketing is going to be playing it fast and loose with calling games 4K when really... They are not 4K in that strickt sense.

But hey! This is good news - as it means pigs do not fly and the GPUs here are performing like they should. It turns out ray tracing is expensive when you do it in a through way? Who woulda thunk it?

Any rough idea of what RTX quality this is running?

Edit: looking at the benchmarks it doesn't seem quality level makes much of a difference. Interested in seeing the fps when frame rate is unlocked.

For reference:
5-2-3.jpg.webp

Last edited:
Back