Wasn't SP2 supposed to bring bluetooth support to XP?

My dongle is being detected, but I don't want the windows driver and can't find a way to disable that. :LOL:

With a very limited set of profiles supported. At least SP2 now has the serial port profile...
I'll still stick to Widcomm (which has problems of its own but IMO is better than the XP internal stack).

If XP supports BT right out of the box, why has it never-ever recognized my BT devices? I have tried both a standard USB dongle and my Logitech MX900, and neither are detected as anything but the standard 'unknown USB device' before drivers are fed into the computer.

Anyway, if the built-in standard stack/driver is crap, it doesn't really matter. Widcomm's has always worked fine for me, I just thought I'd maybe save myself the hassle of yet another installation/reboot, but it's no biggie.

DemoCoder said:
Widcomm is way better, SP2 supports only a few profiles of BT.

BUT HOW TO DISABLE F**** windows servise so i can use that F***8 widcomm drivers... easy to say... but i doesnt work! f*** microsoft servis could not be shuted down

Resolved problem with xp sp2

Dear fellows,

I had the same problem with xp sp2 to my bluetooth devices too. Sincerely sp2 works flawlessly with my Logitech bluetooth keyboard and mouse, but when I try to use my bluetooth headset xp sp2 can't recognise it. Surfing the internet I see this is a common problem, because sp2 internal bluetooth only support these devices, but not audio devices (headset, mobile phone). After several hours install and deinstall the widcomm bluetooth software trying to make sp2 recognises it, I realize that I must uninstall the internal xp drivers to get ride of this probl. Here is my howto:
1. Install the latest widcomm software 1.4.3.4
2. Patch the drivers, because widcomm is not xp certified at this time (use this link http://jon.gotdns.com/downloads/public/Apps/patch_v4.exe)
3. Install the bluetooth software (my case Logitech bluetooth sofware)
4. Before reboot machine, hook up a wired mouse to gain access to windows later
5. Boot xp in safe mode
6. Uninstall these bluetooth devices in device manager
7. Reboot, remove the wired mouse to make xp recognizes the bluetooth devices
8. Work flawlessly. Now I have access to all my bluetooth devices as better supported by the proved widcomm bluetooth software.
Hopefully You can make used of my experience.

Instead of going through all the steps you mention, I just install my Logitech drivers, but maybe that's too simple what do I know. :D

Re: Resolved problem with xp sp2

BeHappy said:
Dear fellows,
8. Work flawlessly. Now I have access to all my bluetooth devices as better supported by the proved widcomm bluetooth software.
Hopefully You can make used of my experience.

Thankz for idea;]] It works...but i did a little diferent

1. Reboot in safe mod
2. UNinstall microsofot driver
3. Go and install custom driver ( choose specific driver manuali )
4, Reboot computer without removing bluetooth device ( if u remove it, microsfot reverse to his f*** driveres - dont ask me how;] )
5. I cant belive it workS!;]]

btw... if u ever come to croata, u got a bear from me;]]]

Back