Warhawk discussion*

Blade47167 - This is a game that, IMO, has a little bit of a steep learning curve because of the different control schemes between tanks, jeeps, WH's, troops, dropship etc. It can be frustrating for a while if you're playing in games with seasoned players. I got a friend into it and he's been playing for about a month still learning the controls and getting fragged a ton. But the trade off for it is that once you get real confident with what your doing it becomes a very satisfying, fast paced thrill ride of competition and teamwork. I can't blame you for enjoying COD4 so much, it's just as top-notch as this game. When did you stop playing? There were some ranking bugs (that only recently got fixed) that caused newer players to be in servers with legitimate high ranked players. It's also helpful to troll the servers with the "my rank only" filter "ON" when starting out and maybe stick to only one game type at first when learning. As for the machine gun...I think it takes about a clip and a half to kill someone, while the grenade can be anywhere from one to two depending on accuracy. I'm sure any of us would be more than happy to give you tips if you need.

Dude you were first place like six times in a row....it was awesome. Saw some of the 1.2 enhancements today, looks like they are adding clan only server options amongst other things. Maybe this'll get some of you WH turtles out of your shells and playing with us. :rolleyes:

Hey... FWIW, I have started to explore the WH maps on assorted transports. Just explored an island map early this morning. Still trying to get used to the controls.

On a positive note, that drop ship reminds me of a destroyer more than a cargo vessel. People at GAF are already drooling over it (talking about massive attack on the ship :) ).

It's also helpful to troll the servers with the "my rank only" filter "ON" when starting out and maybe stick to only one game type at first when learning. As for the machine gun...I think it takes about a clip and a half to kill someone, while the grenade can be anywhere from one to two depending on accuracy. I'm sure any of us would be more than happy to give you tips if you need.

Thats what I'm talking about. I set the filter to my rank only and would join the servers. There would be 3~4 my rank then some level 18 just laying waste to us. He would hit us the minute we spawned.

I've had so many games to play lately I haven't gotten around to this one but I loved BF so I will eventually pick this up.So how has it turned out, is it a good substitute for BF?
Edit: ALso,how much space does the downloadable version take up on the HDD?

Thats what I'm talking about. I set the filter to my rank only and would join the servers. There would be 3~4 my rank then some level 18 just laying waste to us. He would hit us the minute we spawned.

Well sometimes good players are unavoidable, but with the changes they made you should never be up against anyone higher than rank 5 or 6 (IIRC) if you play on the level 1 SCE servers. You know you can choose to spawn at any location that your team currently occupies? Use the D-pad to cycle through the bases that your team has and choose one that doesn't look like anyone is at, that can get you a chance to get your weapons and a vehicle of choice.

Both of you two...did you join B3d simply to ask that? Are you going to become posters in the B3d community? That was your first post each of you...

We'll need to quiz them to prove prior presence! What is the name given to the colour space used in Heavenly Sword and why is it called that? What was Laa-Yosh's opinion of Lair? Um, can anyone think of any other obvious testers? ;)

LOL - I lurked these forums for about six months before I ever registered. While I agree that it would be nice to have people here also contributing to healthy discussion of the other topics in the B3D forums.....it would also be nice to have some active Warhawk players in the B3D Warhawk clan. :p

Back