Want to move, to Europe somewhere

Move to switzerland. Its legal to grow weed there i think, that or if possession up to 20g pure thc is legal\decriminalized? 20g pure THC is ALOT of weed. A ridiculous amount, might aswell just legalize it, 20g pure thc is ALOT of weed and a very very fat join is max 1.5g weed, if the weed is very good 30% of that is thc, so.. I'm stoned pretty much 50% of my awake time and 100g of weed (~20g thc) would last me 4-5 months.

Shit I smoke 3g of high-grade a day, easy - more if with friends. Then again, I am a pothead (pronounced "poh-theed") ;)

Sonic: not living in the US doesn't exempt you from going insane from US politics! If anything, it makes you go more insane.

Unless something dramatically changed the last few years that's not quite true. From the numbers I found (2005) the US was at 26.8% and Netherlands at 37.5% and plenty of European countries have lower tax pressure than you have. Netherlands seems to be slightly above OECD average and slightly below EU15 average.

Well, those percentages are close enough to what I remember ... but the tax pressure in other European countries either must have changed, or I have a very faulty memory. Are there any significant countries among them, economically? And do you have a link so I can update my knowledge? I like to stay up to date!

we have 42% max, plus the social/medical fees. I get about 50% of my total salary, sometimes less depending on the total amount.

Vienna sounds like I should be visiting there as well.

If you're visiting Vienna before Sept. 15 (I am moving myself), you can give me a ring and I'll show you around. Otherwise just pm me and I can give some tips about what to see and what to do in Vienna, etc.

Sonic: if you're running away from faulty politics, I'd say don't bother. Not much better here at all.

I dunno about local politics in EU countries, but id say that most european countries have a much more appealing foreign politics than the USA. On the local level all countries have its share of political problems. Doesn't matter how rich or educated the country is.

If you want it relaxed, the Netherlands is certainly the place to check out. We do have any amount of rediculous laws as well as any other country, but at least you can pretty much do whatever you want as long as you don't know it to be illegal and not be bothered by them. The police around here is your friend, not your enemy.

Back