Vista Beta

kopaka554

Newcomer
I was just wondering if there was any way for me to become a beta tester or get the beta version of Windows Vista?

you can easily find it on the net if you're not a tester.. and thats all I'll say;)
But I wouldnt worry about getting it untill atleast beta 2.
Beta 1 is horid.

radeonic2 said:
you can easily find it on the net if you're not a tester.. and thats all I'll say;)
Beta 1 is horid.
And When does that come out

radeonic2 said:
Beta 1 is horid.
And When does that come out

Beta2 is supposed to be released sometime this Fall. Its supposed to sport a better GUI (from Beta1). Also..yes...Beta1 is a bit horrid...its pretty..but yeah.

Also...

*coughs*

Just look around, theres dark corners on the net where you can find

e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g

:oops:

;)

*coughs*

wireframe said:
Downloading an illegitimate copy of a beta software does not make you a beta tester, which I think was part of the original question.

kopaka said:
or get the beta version of Windows Vista?

Thats the latter part of his question, so basically asking how he could become a Beta tester to get his hands on Vista Beta1. Appearently he just wants to get his hands on Vista Beta1.

Yes while Vista is looking interesting, I wonder if the DRM implementaiton will be complete in Beta 2. I would like to get some feedback on that aspect rather than the glass interface. DRM and performance are two of my main priorities. Second and a close second at that is how corrupt-proof it is. Whether spyware and malware can easily infect the system.

On another note how many betas are there going to be anyway? My guess is 3 or 4....

I wouldn't be surprised if Vista had more than four betas (including release candidates, which are also betas) even if it were only for show. Vista makes a lot of demands and I am sure the transition will be somewhat more painful than usual. Delaying may be a good tactic to get everything in order and what better way to convince people that "this time" you really care about quality than having lots of betas?

I don't think so anymore - i was enthusiastic at the beginning of longhorn development - about all those new features it should have brought etc., but then with time i'm getting more and more skeptical every time they remove some feature and push it either for later time or server version of longhorn etc.

I want it to be polished and secure and all that, but it's taking them too long - i don't get how can they reflect the changes in hw, concepts etc over such long time - they started developing it back in 2001 or even sooner iirc.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back