Virtua Fighter 5 for PS3 Confirmed

jonnyp said:
Oh really? What kind of resolution are you currently using for your PC games then, if I may ask?

Currently? Well currently I haven't been playing any PC games. And the recent games I have installed on my PC currently are Guilty Gear XX and Guilty Gear Isuka and those are @640x480. If VF5 ever come to PC, It'll joint them.

Oh and it'll probably 720p on the PS3.

Its 720p in Arcade too. And knowing Sega it will be 720p even if it comes to PC.

cthellis42 said:
Wait, wait... fighting games GET PC versions? When did this happen?! :p

Since Sammy started porting their Guilty Gear series to PC.

Now with Sega Sammy, I hope for more. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dave Baumann said:
VF1 and VF2 were converted to PC.
Yeah but these were years ago, when Sega was trying to get some money since they didnt get enough money from the Saturn.

There are so many old and new fighting games that arent released on PC that it seems highly unlikely for a PC version.

Nesh said:
Yeah but these were years ago, when Sega was trying to get some money since they didnt get enough money from the Saturn.

There are so many old and new fighting games that arent released on PC that it seems highly unlikely for a PC version.

The hardware the arcade version will run on is essentially a PC. This is what separates it from all the other fighting games you mention. They could make some easy cash by releasing a PC version.

There is virtually no competition for this genre in the PC space. And since it would be a very impressive but very high end PC game, they could get backing from the graphics card industry to advertise it. Maybe even get paid to have it included with card purchases.

I don't know, I see a lot of pluses to releasing a PC version. I think it will sell a hell of a lot more copies than their PC version of Outrun.

Lazy8s said:
Unless Sony signed this game with an unusually high bonus, Sega Sammy wouldn't talk about home conversions so far in front of its lucrative, primary release in the arcades.

Why would the home conversion matter for the arcade market?

It moves some of the focus and anticipation away from the only version that'll be out for many months to a version that won't be coming for many months.

Lazy8s said:
It moves some of the focus and anticipation away from the only version that'll be out for many months to a version that won't be coming for many months.

People know that arcade games will come out on consoles eventually. That's one of the reasons why arcade gaming has gone down in the last few years. People know they can get home versions which are on par and sometimes superior to the arcade versions. I don't think an announcement will divert the attention from arcade VF5 too much, since i think it will be the only version available for a looong time.

Sega Sammy have a close relationship with Microsoft and would definitely consider X360 if Sony doesn't pay for a tie-up like with Virtua Fighter 4.

Back