Uncharted 4: A Thief's End [PS4]

Status
Not open for further replies.
The part in the water was lovely, another TLOU influence btw (underwater gameplay). Makes me think, this time the "city" at the end (if there is one) might be underwater :D
Yeah can't wait to explore the underwater segment with those graphics, always wanted to do that in UC. Probably the closest thing to have Atlentis in Uncharted!

nlglno.gif

Good allies AI

Animation blending is also excellent in that clip, they've really outdone themselves with U4, big props to the animation team! Since the first showing at PSX animation is one of U4s strongest suits; to be fair, animation was always a strong point of Uncharted games (and TLOU) but this is on another level :yes:

Last edited:
Animation blending is also excellent in that clip, they've really outdone themselves with U4, big props to the animation team! Since the first showing at PSX animation is one of U4s strongest suits; to be fair, animation was always a strong point of Uncharted games (and TLOU) but this is on another level :yes:

Very good blending animation again. It will be a long month but Ratchet and Clank will arrive soon.

Good allies AI
I experienced plenty of moments like that in The Last of Us where the friendly AI was also pretty good at supporting you when you were in a tight spot. Bill's town are a particular highlight because you had Bill and Ellie.

What seems to be anisotropic reflections for hair and other materials during gameplay. As well as his hair moving and sagging when wet, we knew the game was using aniso reflection in cutscenes: http://gfycat.com/SociableDenseHyrax, just nice to see that in gameplay too :)

1kzomk.jpg

2xnrsf.jpg

Straight from this video, 6 minutes in (thanks to zsynqx from gaf!)

Also, i may be wrong but i think water splashing in that video has actual volume (like water droplets), although it doesn't interact with the water surface on contact. I think the Italian guy also mentions the same thing, but i don't know Italian :D

Edit: From the same video, this is funny :LOL:
u4textbookxaoxf.jpg

Last edited:
Why? What's shown looks to me achievable via 2D sprites like other splashes.

Like i said, it's just a guess, and it might very well be a trick but look at that:

Regular 2d sprite when Drake hits the water
1wfqpw.jpg

That looks different (self shadowing?)
2cfpo6.jpg

Breaks in contact with Nates hand
3lvp3j.jpg

4wiqg8.jpg

Looks like it has volume, might be just a trick. Still looks different that the regular 2d sprite inside the game by comparison.
This video shows a player who exited car and explored on foot a bit

"Playboy gaming" i didn't even know that was a thing :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back