Uncharted 3

yeah, my tv also has very low display lag when in game-mode or if postprocessing is disabled, since I primary game on it it was one of the biggest deciding factors.

I've not see any YouTube videos and there could be any amount of trickery with those anyway. All I have to go on is what I observe and perceive: U2 and U3 MP are both perceptually more responsive than U3 SP. Same PS3, same TV, same settings.

I accept that I am very sensitive of controller lag. Similarly I'm sensitive to screen tear but far less sensitive to frame rate drops - I have friends who are the reverse. It may be that U3 SP is the wrong side of my tolerance but this doesn't explain why only it's SP is suffering. As I said originally, I'll wait for patch. I did some googling and found a ND guy called Arne trying to roundup Neogaf players at their Santa Monica studio last Friday so hopefully something will come of this.

Is anybody else facing the issue I am facing. My game isnt booting up at all. I put in the disc and it keeps showing me the rotating ring indefinitely.
It was working fine till uesterday. I deleted the game data, but nothing changed. Apparently there are other people too who are facing this issue, but they give queer solutions like insert the disc when the ps3 is vertical :???: , which aren't working for me !

I am stuck, pls help :( !

Just finished it and I have mostly the same criticisms as other people.

Firstly, the controls were too laggy and the new aiming mechanic feels terrible. Control of drake and shooting felt so lose it was like you were disconnected from Drake and this, more than anything, severely dampened my enjoyment of the game. I reckon I tried all the sensitivity settings. And what the hell with not being able to switch over which shoulder you want to look/shoot?

Second, the scripted bits; Among Thieves wasn't nearly as scripted as this. At times playing Drake's Deception felt like there were splinters of gameplay between scripted events, sometimes every few seconds which for me destroyed gameplay pacing.

Change the option in the settings to shoulder switch left/right. Shouldn't have missed if you monkeyed around with sensitivity. Anyway I agree about the scripted bits, but feel even stronger about story scenes. Watch for a few mins, I'm given 20 secs of limited control, then I have to sit again. It annoyed me in U1 and still dumb today IMO with the 3rd iteration.

JB9861 said:
Change the option in the settings to shoulder switch left/right.

In the previous two games you could switch on the fly, to get the best view depending on which side of a doorway you were using as cover or which way around a corner you were edging.

Yeah, I realise that now.. Now that I finished the game. Why on earth is this disabled by default. What were you thinking, ND!?!

Oh! There's a shoulder switch option! I was just cursing that they'd took it off in UC3.
Odd indeed that is disabled by default.
I was a bit disappointed by the
cruiser level
, as I was expecting it to be a
luxyry cruiser that wasn't wrecked
, so that it would be
shiny and colourful
, but it was great though, just not what I expected. The big fight there was the most difficult thus far, with the
snipers on the balcony and the heavily armoured shotgun guys
. Also when I died in there, the game threw me at the other end of the room where I had little chance of surviving until I
made a dash under the balcony
Also when the
cruiser started to sink
I think I missed some cutscene as one moment I was fighting the baddies and suddenly the
cruiser was tipped on it's side
I think that cutscene was even in some pre-release videos even.

It looks certainly neat but I think that technology exists in games since many years ago. It's called 2D graphics.

2D objects rotate as you move, always facing your character. Some plants in Rage for instance are completely drawn in 2D, and they are always following you.

LOL. True. Same effect, completely different mechanics. Nothing actually moves apart from your viewpoint. Your brain tricks you into thinking the object is tracking you when in fact it never moves. It happens with all concave objects. The bunny rabbit used to freak me out at university!!

Finished it, loved it, and will play it again. Also played some online capture the treasure and co-op; loving the co-op!

Just finished. Absolutely loved the majority of it. Some frustrations with the controls, aiming does seem clunkier and the camera can be a pain in the ass sometimes.

Still keeps the Uncharted series at the number one spot for my favourite games of this generation. They kind of sum up the growth that games have undertaken recently. Greater spectacle, greater story telling, amazing soundtrack. Brilliant.

Doesn't quite outdo UC2. But that's going to take a whole new platform to accomplish.

Took me just over 13hours at a leisurely pace. About to start the treasure hunting run through. Found 32. 68 to go!!

Your BR drive might be toasted ?

I assume you cleaned the disc ? And other discs failed to load as well ?

The disc is clean and I tried Infamous2 and Demons Souls and they work perfectly. It seems to happen just with the UC3 disc and there are toher people too. Some say its cos its a dula layed BRDisc, I'll try MGS4 today as thats also a dual layer disc to see if that works.

But I thinnk its UC3 specific issue, otherwise why would so many people be affected only with this blu ray disc and never before with any other dual layer disc.
Its shitty, people are complaining about it on ND forums too. WTF !
Hey, can u PM Arne on gaf about this.this is the worst bug/glitch ever :cry: !

Back