6. Fight 6 : Dustin Hazelett vs Rick Story
7. Fight 7 : Phil Davis vs Rodney Wallace
8. Fight 8 : Tim Boetsch vs Todd Brown
9. Fight 9 : Johny Hendricks vs Charlie Brenneman
10. Fight 10 : Stefan Struve vs Christian Morecraft
11. Fight 11 : Ben Saunders vs Dennis Hallman

Official weigh-in results for UFC 117

Main Event – UFC Middleweight Championship
Chael Sonnen (185) VS Anderson Silva (184.5)

PPV
Thiago Alves (171.5*) VS Jon Fitch (170.5)
Ricardo Almeida (170.5) VS Matt Hughes (170.5)
Junior Dos Santos (240) VS Roy Nelson (263)
Rafael Dos Anjos (156) VS Clay Guida (156)

Undercard
Rick Story (169.5) VS Dustin Hazelett (169.5)
Rodney Wallace (206) VS Phil Davis (205.5)
Charlie Brenneman (171) VS Johny Hendricks (171)
Tim Boetsch (206) VS Todd Brown (206)
Christian Morecraft (263) VS Stefan Struve (247)
Dennis Hallman (171) VS Ben Saunders (171)

*Alves failed to make 171 pounds in his return to the scales. He will fight at 171.5 pounds and be fined 20% of his purse.

-----------------------------------

The main card is going to be awesome. Sonnen has been trash talking Silva since before they signed to fight because Silva hates people who don't show him respect. Silva should be too much for Sonnen but Sonnen was a WEC champion so it's bound to be a good fight. Silva should be going for the kill in response to Dana White promising to drop him if he acts badly again in the ring.

Tiago Alves didn't make the catch weight and will be fighting with a 20% fine of his purse. Alves wants revenge on Fitch as Fitch took the last match they faced each other.

Roy Nelson or Junior? Hard call but I'll give it to Roy. He might look fat and lumpy but his cardio seems ok to last the three rounds. Junior will have to keep the distance the first two rounds and then try to take Nelson in the third.

Almeida vs Hughes - Hope Almeida takes it.

Last edited by a moderator:
OMF! Awesome fight from the maincard, I couldn't believe what I saw. Best fight i've seen yet imo.

This definitely needs a re-match, Dana please.

OMF! Awesome fight from the maincard, I couldn't believe what I saw. Best fight i've seen yet imo.

This definitely needs a re-match, Dana please.

Very enjoyable fight, I dislike Silva about as much as I dislike Bisping so watching Silva get dominated like that for 4.5 rounds was awesome.

I'm about halfway through it now and WOW! :oops: Seems about as real as fighting with rules can get to me, kind of hard to believe it's legal.

One thing that really impressed me though was the sportsmanship. Every opponent seems to respect their challenger, and I liked the one guy who apologized to the other guy about the broken jaw. "I'm here to win, not to hurt my opponent...so you have my apology".

The skyscraper dude just had a phenomenal come back, I might get into watching this. Thanks for turning me on to it. :)

I've got two cousins, both huge corn-fed farmboys in their late 20s, who turned me on to watching about 3.5 years ago. So once a month I go over to my aunt's farmhouse in Eaton (like 5 minutes from the Indiana border), we go out to eat, and then watch the fights; on occasion, if the fight card doesn't look like it's worth two hours of driving, I'll go to a local bar with a few friends and watch the fights there. It's become my 1/month night out away from the wife and kids.

I can see how that happened, it's good stuff. I really did think it was like pro wrestling, I had no idea it was serious mixed martial arts.

I read the wikipage on it so I sort of understand the rules now, I like how they've tried to civilize deadly combat to minimize injuries. I also like how all the fighters really seem to follow that rule. :)

Lemme know when the next one is please, although I'll probably see it pop up at a few places. I intend to keep checking this out, good stuff! :D

A lot of people initially react to MMA fighting as if it's tough guy contest stuff, but it's not. I've never been to a tough man fight, but I've always enjoyed boxing and with the decline of that sport the UFC has sort of filled the void for me.

Edit: http://www.tmz.com/videos?autoplay=true&mediaKey=06122435-fea9-4358-91eb-330a87db4f24 Roger Huerta is a former UFC champ. The chivalrous soul who decided to punch a woman from behind in the back of her head sure had bad luck. Karma can be a real bitch at times in life.

Back